JMMT Partnership, the owner of The Lofts at 7714, is excited to announce that Spotlight Performing Arts Academy has renewed its lease in Suite B for another year. The premier performing arts school originally moved into this retrofitted mill property in the summer of 2012, and it has been providing individual and group classes in voice, theatre, and various musical instruments ever since.
Upcoming Events at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy
- August 11 at 7 p.m.: The students at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy will perform Sweeney Todd to a sold out audience.
- August 20 and 23 at 7 p.m.: The school will host open auditions for its next live production, Shrek the Musical, for students aged 9 through 21, which will be performed November 30-December 2 and December 7-9. For more information about the auditions, click here.
- Fall Classes: Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is currently registering for fall classes. Sign up today for individual lessons or choose from the following group classes: Jr. Show Choir, Spotlight’s Show Choir, My Time to Shine, Production Class, and Creative Dramatics.
Spotlight also has a program specifically designed for Home School students. For more information about this or any of the upcoming events at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy visit its website at http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
In two and a half months, the 1,400 square foot Suite I in The Lofts at 7714 in downtown Mint Hill is coming available for commercial lease. It could be your business’ next commercial home.
Take a peek at Mint Hill’s only surviving textile mill, which has been retrofitted into The Lofts at 7714. Located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road it consists of 10 unique commercial spaces, ranging in size from 215 to 3,600 square feet. All 10 are currently leased, but on October 1st a rare vacancy opens up – – Suite I located in the rear of the property.
All tenants have the option to have their name listed on The Lofts at 7714 sign located at the front of the property. Suite I is featured as the top spot on the “Rear Entrance” side of the sign, as it is the largest of all the non street-front spaces. Vintage on the Hill, a retail shop offering home decor and refurbished furniture is the current tenant, but will be moving out as of September 30.
All Rear Entrance spaces are accessed from the back parking lot. Suite I is the only Rear Entrance space to enjoy its on private external entrance, just off the deck and patio.
Tenants of Suite I can hang a sign on their door, as well as on the exterior wall outside their space for visibility. In addition, Suite I features a small garage door with a sliding glass door overlay. When the garage door is up, natural light spills into the space.
Inside the building, all tenants have access to and use of the common area, which features a dining table and chairs, plus a refrigerator that can be used for snack and lunch breaks.
In addition to its private exterior entrance, Suite I is also accessible from inside the building via two doors along a side corridor, which features what remains of the mill’s original exterior brick wall.
For more information or to schedule a tour of The Lofts at 7714 and Suite I, contact JMMT Managing Partners as follows:
- Margy Pettit at email@example.com
- Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for commercial space in the greater Charlotte area? Consider Mint Hill with its more affordable rates and small town feel, just minutes from Charlotte. And right now, there is a rare opening coming available in The Lofts at 7714, Mint Hill’s only textile mill that has been retrofitted into 10 commercial spaces.
Suite I is a 1,400 square foot space with an open floor plan. It features its own private exterior entrance to the building’s rear parking lot, as well as two internal entrances that lead to the common areas of the building. Its concrete floor and exposed ceiling lend an industrial chic vibe to this space, which will be available as of October 1, 2018.
The Lofts at 7714 is located in the heart of Mint Hill’s downtown business district at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road and just minutes from I-485. All tenants have the opportunity to have their name included on the building’s wayfinding sign at the front of the property to help visitors find them.
For more information about Suite I, email JMMT Managing Partners:
- Mary Crotty at email@example.com, or
- Margy Pettit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visual Tour of Suite I
Suite I’s open floor plan is perfect for many business types. It is currently home to the retail shop, Vintage on the Hill, but it has also been leased as office space for tenants who wanted a commercial home that creates a collaborative environment.
(Please note that the space has since been painted. Updated photos to follow soon.)
- The space when empty and showing the two interior doors. The right door is double-wide for moving large furniture or equipment in and out of the space.
- With work spaces shown from various angles. The second picture shows the small garage door located in the space.
- The garage door opens to a sliding glass door, which provides natural light to the space.
Spaces in The Lofts at 7714 don’t stay on the market long. If you are looking for a new commercial home, contact us today.
As we celebrate the anniversary of our country’s independence this week, The Lofts at 7714 also celebrates the independence of small business ownership and entrepreneurship.
This retrofitted 1945 building, originally used as Mint Hill’s only textile mill, is now home to eight small to medium-sized businesses, which are all owned and/or operated by local Mint Hill residents.
Stop by The Lofts at 7714 and see what these small businesses have to offer you.
Street-front businesses (accessible from the front parking lot):
Retail businesses located inside (accessible from the back parking lot):
Other businesses located inside (accessible from the back parking lot):
- Rick Rorie Photography and Design in Suites F and H
- McLeod Associates Architect in Suite G
- Summit Environmental in Suites J and K
Directions to The Lofts at 7714
The Lofts at 7714 is located in the heart of Mint Hill’s business center on Highway 51. Visit us at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road. Parking is available in the front lot, along the side by the Woof n Hoof (please parallel park to the right for traffic to flow through on the left) and in the back lot.
In the past, this historic building hummed with textile and manufacturing machinery. Today, it hums with a variety of activities for the residents of Mint Hill and surrounding areas.
Built in 1945, the building now known as The Lofts at 7714 was and is Mint Hill’s only mill property, and it is now home to a vibrant tenant community of local small businesses.
Browse and Shop at The Lofts at 7714
At the street-front level, peruse the work of the local clay artists of Pottery 51. This non-profit cooperative of artists has unique finds for your home decor or gift giving needs on display in its gallery, which is open when the flag is flying.
Or stop in Bull Moose Guns, which specializes in rare and antique firearms and military memorabilia, including WWI and WWII-era items. Bull Moose Guns is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Drive around to the rear entrance of The Lofts at 7714 to stop into Vintage on the Hill. This shop sells a variety of home decor items in addition to offering furniture refinishing services and custom-built pieces. Vintage on the Hill is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Take a Class at The Lofts at 7714
Looking for a great place to try or return to a yoga practice. Mint Hill Yoga offers a variety of classes, including gentle yoga and curvy yoga.
Or if music instruction is on your mind, check out Spotlight Performing Arts Academy. They offer 30- and 60-minute private lessons in piano, voice, guitar, bass, percussion, banjo, mandolin, brass, woodwinds, and strings.
Vintage on the Hill offers furniture painting classes. Call 704-808-0227 for more information. In addition, Rick Rorie Photography is hoping to begin offering photography classes in the near future. And finally, Bull Moose Guns offers a Concealed Carry Course. This summer, there are three classes available: June 10, July 8, or August 5.
Find a Summer Camp at The Lofts at 7714
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is offering seven summer camps this year. Choose from the Summer Stock series, which includes Into the Woods, Jr.; Aladdan, Jr.; Schoolhouse Rock Live, Jr.; and Disney’s Cinderella, Kids. The school also offers Into the Spotlight, Find Your Voice, and Broadway Bootcamp.
The first camps start the week of June 18, and all camps are filling up fast. Click here for more information and to register for summer camps at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy.
Audition for Sweeney Todd at The Lofts at 7714
On Monday, June 18 and Thursday, June 21 at 7 p.m., students aged 14 through 18 are welcome to audition for Spotlight Performing Arts Academy’s summer production – Sweeney Todd School Edition 24 Hour Project. The show will be performed for the public on Saturday, August 11 at 8 p.m.
For the most part, kids head back to school next Monday, so why shouldn’t you? Looking to find a new hobby or skill, meet new friends, and enrich your life? Autumn is a great time to do it and the tenants of The Lofts at 7714 have something for just about every adult this fall.
- Try a Tai Chi class or other martial arts form with Mint Hill Martial Arts, located in Suite A.
- Take a pottery class with one of the local artists of Pottery 51, located in Suite C. Or if you are planning some home redecorating this fall, visit their gallery to find the perfect accent piece.
- Learn how to truly relax and build strength in one of Mint Hill Yoga’s classes. They have something for every body from a beginners’ series to Viniyoga (breath centric yoga), Fusion, curvy yoga and senior yoga in their Suite F studio.
- Or fulfill a lifelong dream and finally take up that musical instrument you’ve always wanted to play with a private lesson at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy of Suite B. They offer 30 or 60 minute weekly private lessons for voice, guitar, piano, bass, percussion, acting, and band and orchestra instruments.
The Lofts at 7714 is Mint Hill’s only retrofitted mill property featuring ten unique commercial spaces.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy recently announced its fall class schedule of acting, singing and other performing arts classes for fall 2014.
- Spotlight Kid’s Choir (Ages 7-10): This class, which will meet weekly from September 8 through November 3, will teach students vocal techniques and give them the opportunity to perform Broadway and Disney songs. An end-of-season performance is scheduled for November 7th.
- Spotlighter’s Show Choir (Ages 10+): This singing and dancing class will meet weekly for ten weeks with an end-of-season performance on November 7th.
- The Actor’s Class (Ages 9-14): This stage and on camera acting class will meet weekly from September 9 through October 28.
- Production Class: This class takes students through an entire musical production from audition to end performance. It will meet twice weekly for between eight to ten weeks.
- My Time to Shine (Ages 4-7): This class introduces younger students to music and drama on a weekly basis.
To register for or learn more about any of these performing arts classes in Mint Hill, or to find out about Spotlight Performing Arts Academy’s individual offerings, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located within The Lofts at 7714 at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
In August, Mint Hill Yoga moves “one step closer to being a complete holistic wellness center” according to owner Bettie Shea as it welcomes Dr. Danielle Edwards, Ed.D., LPCS, NCC to its team.
Visit Mint Hill Yoga’s website for a message from Dr. Edwards explaining her practice.
Mint Hill Yoga is located in Suite E of The Lofts at 7714 in downtown Mint Hill. This retrofitted mill property at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road is home to many local businesses such as Mint Hill Yoga. Mint Hill Yoga’s 685 square foot space includes a large studio room, a private therapy room, and an office.
For more information about this Mint Hill yoga studio’s classes and workshops, visit http://www.minthillyoga.com/workshops-and-trainings/.
This Saturday, July 19th from 9 am to 1 pm, the Mint Hill Farmers’ Market will host Customer Appreciation Day at the Carl J. McEwen Historic Village, 7601 Matthews-Mint Hill Road. Local residents from Mint Hill and surrounding areas are welcome to browse for fresh fruits and vegetables while enjoying…
- Live music
- Panning for gold
- Free admission to the Mint Hill Historical Society Museum between 10 am and 12 pm
- Popcorn, hotdogs and more
The Mint Hill Farmers’ Market is a part of the Mint Hill Historical Society and is located diagonally across the street from The Lofts at 7714, Mint Hill’s only historic mill property, which has been retrofitted into ten commercial spaces for lease.
Have the summer doldrums hit your family? Are you tired of hearing your children claim “I’m bored?” Then Spotlight Performing Arts Academy in Mint Hill has the solution – unique performance art summer camps that will get your kids out of their mid-summer funk.
For just $200, you can sign up your 9 to 14 year old for next week’s “Fame Jr. Musical Theatre Camp,” and just think by Monday you will be reveling in peace and quiet between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm while he or she is at camp, and then at 6 pm you get to watch him or her perform.
After “Fame Jr.,” Spotlight has five more camps slated for the rest of the summer for kids from age 7 up to 17. At between $75 and $200 per camp, this is an affordable way to get your kids up and moving and possibly finding a whole new creative outlet this summer.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is the anchor tenant in The Lofts at 7714, the retrofitted mill building located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
For more information, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.