Spotlight Performing Arts Academy presents The Wizard of Oz this weekend. Don’t miss your chance to see this classic performed live in the Charlotte community. Get your tickets now to save $2 and ensure your seat for this perennial favorite. As the anchor tenant in The Lofts at 7714, Spotlight Performing Arts is Mint Hill’s premiere performance-based music and theatre academy.
The Wizard of Oz Showtimes and Ticket Prices
Looking for something to do this weekend around Charlotte?
Catch one of five performances of The Wizard of Oz at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy:
- Friday March 23 at 7 pm
- Saturday March 24 at 2 pm and 7 pm
- Sunday March 25 at 2 pm and 7 pm
- Advance tickets are $8 (purchase online)
- Tickets at the door are $10
Broadway Revue Auditions Coming Up
Are you interested in getting into the act?
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy will hold auditions for its Broadway Revue on Monday, March 26 and Thursday, March 29 at 7 p.m. for students age 13 to 20. The show, which will be performed on May 18 and 19, will feature pieces from some of Broadway’s most popular shows, including Hamilton, Phantom of the Opera, Cats, The Lion King, and much more.
For more information on participating, visit Spotlight Performing Arts’ auditions page.
Summer Camp Discounts Available Through March 31
Trying to find a unique summer camp for your child?
Treat them to something different this year. Spotlight Performing Arts Academy offers a variety of performance-based summer camps for kids ages 6 through 19. And if you register by March 31, you’ll receive 10% off the camp’s tuition.
Register your child for a summer camp at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy here.
Directions and Parking
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located in Suite B (center, street-front door) of The Lofts at 7714, the retrofitted mill property at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill. Parking is available in the front lot, along the side by the Woof n Hoof (please parallel park to the right for traffic to move through on the left) and in the back lot.
Calling all Mint Hill Middle and High Schoolers: Spotlight Performing Arts Holding Auditions for Fame, Jr.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, will produce the musical Fame, Jr. as part of its fall Theatre Production Class. Interested middle and high schoolers should plan to attend one of the upcoming audition sessions. Everyone will receive a part, but audition performance will determine the role assigned.
Fame, Jr. Audition Information
- Auditions will take place on a first come first serve basis today, September 11 from 5 to 7 pm and Saturday, September 13 from 10 am to 12 pm.
- Those auditioning should be prepared to sing 16 bars of a song and do a cold reading.
- The audition application is available for download on Spotlight’s website or copies will be available at the studio on the day of auditions.
As a production class, the performers and behind the scenes workers will meet three times a week for 8 to 10 weeks, culminating in the live performances on December 5th and 6th.
For more information about this class or Spotlight Performing Arts individual or group music lessons, visit http://www.SpotlightAcademyOnline.com.
For the most part, kids head back to school next Monday, so why shouldn’t you? Looking to find a new hobby or skill, meet new friends, and enrich your life? Autumn is a great time to do it and the tenants of The Lofts at 7714 have something for just about every adult this fall.
- Try a Tai Chi class or other martial arts form with Mint Hill Martial Arts, located in Suite A.
- Take a pottery class with one of the local artists of Pottery 51, located in Suite C. Or if you are planning some home redecorating this fall, visit their gallery to find the perfect accent piece.
- Learn how to truly relax and build strength in one of Mint Hill Yoga’s classes. They have something for every body from a beginners’ series to Viniyoga (breath centric yoga), Fusion, curvy yoga and senior yoga in their Suite F studio.
- Or fulfill a lifelong dream and finally take up that musical instrument you’ve always wanted to play with a private lesson at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy of Suite B. They offer 30 or 60 minute weekly private lessons for voice, guitar, piano, bass, percussion, acting, and band and orchestra instruments.
The Lofts at 7714 is Mint Hill’s only retrofitted mill property featuring ten unique commercial spaces.
Have the summer doldrums hit your family? Are you tired of hearing your children claim “I’m bored?” Then Spotlight Performing Arts Academy in Mint Hill has the solution – unique performance art summer camps that will get your kids out of their mid-summer funk.
For just $200, you can sign up your 9 to 14 year old for next week’s “Fame Jr. Musical Theatre Camp,” and just think by Monday you will be reveling in peace and quiet between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm while he or she is at camp, and then at 6 pm you get to watch him or her perform.
After “Fame Jr.,” Spotlight has five more camps slated for the rest of the summer for kids from age 7 up to 17. At between $75 and $200 per camp, this is an affordable way to get your kids up and moving and possibly finding a whole new creative outlet this summer.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is the anchor tenant in The Lofts at 7714, the retrofitted mill building located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
For more information, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
Mint Hill parents… Are you looking for fun and affordable camps for your children this summer? Do your children love to sing, dance or act? Then let them enjoy the “Spotlight” this summer.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier music and theater academy is hosting camps almost every week over the summer. With a variety of themes for ages 4 through 17, this is the place to be this summer for all your aspiring performers. And at just $100 to $200 per camp, you can afford to send your child to multiple camps at Spotlight for the cost of one week at many other summer camp venues.
To register for any of the following classes, click here — http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/Summer_Camps.html
June 16 through 20:
- Taste of Spotlight for ages 7-12 ($100)
June 23 through 27:
- Alice in Wonderland Musical Camp for ages 9-14 ($200)
July 7 through 11:
- Sleeping Beauty Musical Camp for ages 4-8 ($200)
- Show Choir Camp for ages 10-16 ($100)
July 14 through 18:
- Fame Musical Camp for ages 9-14 ($200)
July 21 through 25:
- Acting Workshop Camp for ages 10-14 ($200)
July 28 through August 1:
- Character Camp for ages 7-12 ($200)
August 4 through 8:
- Disney Musical Camp for ages 7-12 ($200)
August 11 through 15:
- Broadway Bound for ages 12-17 ($200)
August 18 through 22:
- Spotlight’s Got Talent for ages 10-16 ($100)
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located in Suite B of The Lofts at 7714, right in the heart of downtown Mint Hill at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road.
That’s right, if you live in or around Mint Hill, the iconic musical Bye Bye Birdie is coming to a performing arts venue near you. Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier music and performance school and the anchor tenant of The Lofts at 7714, will present Bye Bye Birdie on May 30th and 31st.
- Friday, May 30th at 7 pm
- Saturday, May 31st at 2 pm
- Saturday, May 31st at 7 pm
- $5.00 in advance
- $7.00 at the door
Advance tickets for the all three performances are on sale now at http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/ or in person at Spotlight’s front office located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road.
There are just five days left to take advantage of Spotlight Performing Arts Academy’s 20% discount off of any of its summer camps. As Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, Spotlight offers individual and group voice, musical instrument and theatre classes. Over the summer, it also offers a wide range of enriching camps that allow kids from age 4 to 17 to expand their horizons, explore their talents, meet new friends and simply have fun.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy has ten different camps on its summer schedule, starting the week of June 16th and ending the week of August 22nd. Click here for a full list of Spotlight Performing Arts summer camps.
Parents interested in signing their children up for one of the camps at the 20% discount have until Monday, March 31st to sign them up in person at the studio. The academy is located in Suite B of The Lofts at 7714, Mint Hill’s only retrofitted mill property situated right on highway 51 in downtown Mint Hill.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy will hold two more auditions this week for its spring musical – Bye, Bye Birdie. The original try out dates were impacted by the three day snow storm back in February, so the school wants to provide interested actors in grades six through twelve another chance to land a spot in this classic musical.
Bye, Bye Birdie Auditions at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy:
- Tuesday, March 11 at 6pm
- Thursday, March 13 at 6 pm
The auditions are first come, first serve so show up early or call 704-545-7373 to reserve a spot. For more information, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/AUDITIONS_.html.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located in downtown Mint Hill in The Lofts at 7714 (7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road).
It’s not too early to begin looking at summer camps for your kids and now there’s an added incentive to be the early bird. You can save 20% off Spotlight Performing Arts Academy summer camps when you register before March 31, 2014 using the coupon code – OLAF.
As Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, Spotlight is offering a wide variety of fun and affordable summer camps for kids of all ages:
- Taste of Spotlight for ages 7-12 – June 16 through 20
- Musical Theatre Camp: Alice in Wonderland for ages 9-14 – June 23 through 27
- Sleeping Beauty for ages 4-8 – July 7 through 11
- Show Choir Camp for ages 10-16 – July 7 through 11
- Musical Theatre Camp: Fame for ages 9-14 – July 14 through 18
- Acting Workshop Camp for ages 10-14 – July 21 through 25
- Character Camp for ages 7-12 – July 28 through 31
- Musical Theatre Camp: Disney for ages 8-14 – August 4 through 8
- Broadway Bound for ages 12-17 – August 11 through 15
- Spotlight’s Got Talent for ages 10-16 – August 18 through 22
For more information on any of these exciting summer camps or to register before March 31 and save 20% on your camp tuition, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/Summer_Camps.html.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located with The Lofts at 7714, a retrofitted mill property in the heart of downtown Mint Hill.
Love chili? Want to help a good cause? Looking for a different lunch during your workday? Then drop by Spotlight Performing Arts Academy this Thursday, February 27th between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm for Mint Hill’s annual Chili Cook-Off.
For the second year in a row, Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, will host the Chili Cook-Off, a fundraising event sponsored by the Town of Mint Hill and the Arts and Science Council.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located within The Lofts at 7714 at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.