The civic, cultural and historical festival, Discover Mint Hill, will take place right across the street from The Lofts at 7714 at the Carl J. McEwen Historic Village this Saturday, May 3rd from 9 am to 3 pm.
In addition to strolling through the historic village, which gives you a glimpse of the Mint Hill of a century ago, visitors to Discover Mint Hill 2014 can enjoy…
- Opening day of the Mint Hill Farmers’ Market Herb and Flower Festival
- The 100th anniversary celebration at the Gold Office (at 11 am)
- Music by Doc’s Front Porch Players
- Hunt for gold at the panning shelter
- Genealogy experts
- Children’s games
- Lots of food and fun
The Carl J. McEwen Historic Village is located at 7601 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill. In case of rain on Saturday, Discover Mint Hill will take place on Sunday, May 4 from 1 to 4 pm.
For more information, visit http://www.minthill.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=178.
Think Mint Hill is just a sleepy little suburb of Charlotte? Then come see what Mint Hill is all about this spring. Mint Hill is home to local favorites – The Hill Grill and Daphne’s Bakery; multiple arts organizations; the very active Mint Hill Athletic Association; and many beautiful neighborhoods. And with two family-friendly festivals planned in May, you have the perfect excuse to come see what is happening in this vibrant Charlotte neighbor.
- Discover Mint Hill: This civic and cultural festival will take place on Saturday, May 3 from 9 am to 3 pm at the Carl J. McEwen Historic Village in downtown Mint Hill. Come enjoy the Mint Hill Farmer’s Market, tour the Historic Village museum, play games and sample some delicious food.
- Mint Hill Madness: This annual festival of carnival rides, games, music, food and fun returns to Mint Hill over Memorial Day weekend this year. The festival opens on Friday, May 23 at 4 pm and goes through Sunday, May 25 at 5 pm, with the festival parade at 10 am on Saturday.
In the meantime, The Lofts at 7714, located in the heart of Mint Hill at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, is its own destination spot for Mint Hill residents and their neighbors in Matthews, Stallings, Indian Trail, Hemby, Monroe, Concord and even Charlotte. This historic mill property has been retrofitted into commercial lofts for local entrepreneurs, professionals and artists.
The Lofts at 7714 features such diverse and interesting destinations as Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, which offers individual and group voice, music and theatre classes, as well as summer camps and live performances; Mint Hill Yoga, which offers classes and workshops in a wide variety of yoga styles; Mint Hill Martial Arts, which offers classes in traditional Chinese Kung Fu; and Pottery 51, which offers pottery classes and exhibits the work of its member potters, which is available for purchase in the Pottery 51 gallery.
Come visit Mint Hill! Come visit The Lofts at 7714!
The Discover Mint Hill Festival is set to take place this Saturday, April 21st just down the street from The Lofts at 7714 at “Discovery Square” located at the intersection of Matthews-Mint Hill Road and Bain School Road. From 9 am to 3 pm you and your family can enjoy:
- A double-decker bus tour of Mint Hill
- Herb and flower festival
- Panning for gold
- The Mint Hill Historic Village (just across the street from The Lofts at 7714)
- Civil War reenactments and much more
With its building dating to the 1940s, The Lofts at 7714 shares in Mint Hill’s historic and civic pride. Come Discover Mint Hill!