Monthly Archives: February 2018
In 2012, Bettie Alston Shea approached JMMT Partnership about renting out part of the then-empty Suite B (now occupied by Spotlight Performing Arts Academy) for a few hours on occasional Sundays to conduct yoga classes.
She was testing the Mint Hill market to see if her dream of opening a yoga studio in her hometown was feasible. The success of those classes gave her the confidence to dive into small business ownership. In September 2012, Mint Hill Yoga officially opened in the 250-square foot Suite G in The Lofts at 7714.
Within two years, Bettie’s business had grown so much that she needed a bigger space. The yoga studio, whose motto is Yoga for Every Body, moved into the 685-square foot Suite E in 2014. Bettie transformed the prior office space into the serene and welcoming studio it still calls home today.
JMMT Partnership, the owner of The Lofts at 7714, is pleased to announce that Mint Hill Yoga will stay in Suite E for another year, as it has renewed its lease through March 31, 2019.
“Bettie takes such good care of her students, many of whom are recovering from illnesses or are struggling with the burdens of aging. In addition, she is a true caretaker of this historic property. We are so grateful for her presence in the building and the sense of community that she brings to it,” said Mary Crotty, managing partner for JMMT Partnership, about the lease renewal.
Mint Hill Yoga’s six-year tenancy in The Lofts at 7714, which is only surpassed by Pottery 51’s, has coincided with major changes in this retrofitted mill property, including the transition from a septic system to connection to the county sewer line.
Don’t miss out on the exciting events occurring at Vintage On The Hill over the next 30 days. Located in Suite I of The Lofts at 7714, Vintage on the Hill sells custom refinished and repurposed furniture, home goods, and more. They also provide custom repair and restoration services to bring new life to your favorite pieces. Or they can create a custom build just for you.
Calendar of Upcoming Events at Vintage On The Hill
- Saturday, February 17th – SPRING OPEN HOUSE: Come visit the showroom, browse the latest products, and enjoy refreshments from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, February 24th – PORCH SALE: Come take advantage of some amazing deals as Vintage On The Hill consolidates its Midland shop into this Mint Hill location. Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, February 24th – FINISHES CLASS FROM 10 A.M. TO 2 P.M.: Call 704-808-0227 today to reserve your spot in this Finishes painting class hosted by Vintage On The Hill.
- Monday, February 26th – LADIES NIGHT: Drop by the shop from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. to enjoy refreshments, door prizes, and more.
- Saturday, March 10th – “PAINT A PIECE” CLASS FROM 10 A.M. TO 2 P.M.: Bring your own piece (24″ x 24″ x 24″) and learn how to use the shop’s Farmhouse Paint to turn it into a fabulous new item for your home. Call 704-808-0227 to reserve your spot for this class.
Directions and Parking
Vintage On The Hill is located in The Lofts at 7714, the retrofitted mill property at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill. It is easily accessible from Highway 51 and I-485.
Visitors can parallel park along the side of the building by Woof n Hoof or in the back lot. Vintage On The Hill is located in Suite I, which has its own private entrance accessible from the back parking lot.
JMMT Partnership, the owner of The Lofts at 7714, is pleased to announce that McLeod Associates Architect has renewed its lease for another year in this retrofitted mill property located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
The firm began upfitting the 250 square foot-Suite G to meet its needs last April and moved in during the month of May. Their new lease secures Suite G for them through April 2019.
Like the majority of the small business tenants in The Lofts at 7714, owner Max McLeod is a resident of Mint Hill. He is also a board member of Pottery 51, the co-op of local clay artists located in The Lofts at 7714’s Suite C.
McLeod Associates Architect has been providing architectural design services for churches, schools, and other organizations in the Charlotte area for over four decades. They join the rest of The Lofts at 7714’s tenants in calling this circa 1945 building their commercial home.
The Tenants of The Lofts at 7714
- Bull Moose Guns (Suite A)
- Spotlight Performing Arts Academy (Suite B)
- Pottery 51 (Suite C)
- Mint Hill Yoga (Suite E)
- Rick Rorie Design/Photography (Suites F and H)
- McLeod Associates Architect (Suite G)
- Vintage On The Hill (Suite I)
- Summit Environmental Services (Suites J and K)
The Lofts at 7714 is currently at full occupancy, however, we do maintain a waiting list for prospective tenants. To join that list and receive first notification of openings in The Lofts at 7714, email Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.