Monthly Archives: January 2018
It is never too early to start planning your children’s summer activities. In just 131 days, elementary through high school-aged students in Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools will be celebrating their last day of the 2017-2018 school year. Registering now for summer camps will ensure your children get a spot at their favorite camps, give you piece of mind, and, if it is with Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, save you money.
Now through March 1, 2018, Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, located in The Lofts at 7714 in downtown Mint Hill, is running an early bird summer camp special–10% off the camp or camps of your choice.
With seven camps scheduled between the weeks of June 18th and August 6th that are structured for students aged 6 through 19, there is something for every aspiring actor, singer, and songwriter at Spotlight.
To register for these camps at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, go to http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/summer-camps.html:
- June 18 – 22: “In the Spotlight” Kids Edition Camp for ages 6 through 10
- June 18 – 22: Find Your Songwriting Camp for ages 10 through 19
- June 25 – 29: Summer Stock “Into the Woods, Jr.” for ages 9 through 18
- July 9 – 13: Summer Stock “Aladdin, Jr.” for ages 9 through 18
- July 16 – 20: Broadway Boot Camp for ages 12 through 19
- July 23 – 27: Summer Stock “Schoolhouse Rock Live, Jr.” for ages 8 through 16
- August 6 – 10: Summer Stock “Disney’s Cinderella, Kids” for ages 7 through 14
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, featuring individual and group classes in voice, theater, and musical instrument; staging several major theater productions for the community each year; and offering summer camps. Located just five minutes from I-485, it is convenient to the entire Charlotte area.
The Lofts at 7714 is a retrofitted mill property located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill. Parking for visitors to Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is available in the front lot, along the side driveway by Woof n Hoof (please parallel park to the right for traffic to flow through on the left) and in the back lot.
JMMT Partnership, the owner of The Lofts at 7714, is pleased to announce that long-time tenant, Pottery 51, has renewed its lease for another three years.
The non-profit pottery co-op, consisting of Mint Hill potters and clay artists, has resided in this former mill property at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road for over a decade. There current location in the building in Suite C, one of three street-front spaces, includes a gallery that is open to the public, studio work space for over a dozen artists, and its own kiln.
For more information about Pottery 51 visit their website at http://www.pottery51.org.
The Lofts at 7714, the retrofitted property of Mint Hill’s only textile mill, invites you to visit its tenants in 2018. Whether your New Year’s Resolution is to get fit, learn a musical instrument, take a pottery class or refurbish your favorite furniture piece, there is something for everyone at The Lofts at 7714.
- Bull Moose Guns in Suite A restores and sells vintage fire arms and military gear.
- Spotlight Performing Arts Academy in Suite B offers voice, instrument and drama classes for performers of all ages.
- Pottery 51 in Suite C is a co-op of local clay artists whose work is featured in their front gallery.
- Mint Hill Yoga in Suite E offers Yoga for Every Body.
- Rick Rorie Design/Photography in Suites F and H offers commercial drafting services and photography services to businesses and individuals.
- McLeod Associates Architect in Suite G helps local churches and other organizations design their latest projects.
- Vintage On The Hill in Suite I restores and sells refurbished antiques, furniture and home goods.
- Summit Environmental in Suites J and K provides surveying and locating services in the Charlotte area.
Visitors to Bull Moose Guns, Spotlight Performing Arts Academy and Pottery 51 park in the front lot.
All other visitors please park on the side lot by Woof n Hoof (please parallel park to the right so cars can pass thru on the left) and in the back lot.
Hours of Operation
Hours of operation vary by tenant. Please check individual tenant websites to find out their hours, class times and more.
The Lofts at 7714 is located in downtown Mint Hill at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road.
We look forward to your visit in 2018!