Monthly Archives: May 2017
As of tomorrow, June 1, 2017, The Lofts at 7714 boasts the rare opening of a commercial space in this retrofitted mill property in the heart of Mint Hill’s business district.
Not only is this a prime location with significant drive-by traffic on Matthews-Mint Hill Road, it is also convenient for local Mint Hill residents, as well as those in surrounding communities, such as Matthews, Indian Trail, Stallings, Hemby, and Concord.
Here are 10 more reasons to consider Suite A in The Lofts at 7714 as the new home for your retail, commercial, or arts-related business:
- Lots of space: At 2,700 square feet, this space can house loads of merchandise for a retail venture or accommodate numerous work stations for a commercial office.
- Street-front visibility: New and prospective customers will have no trouble spotting your business along this main thoroughfare that anchors Mint Hill’s business district.
- Open floor plan: The space is literally a blank canvas that can be turned into the space of your business dreams.
- Historic charm: Built in 1945 as Mint Hill’s only textile mill, the property retains much of its original architecture, including portions of the building’s original brick exterior that makes up part of Suite A’s left wall.
- Creative vibe: The vintage feel of the building gets the creative juices flowing. Just ask Pottery 51 and Spotlight Performing Arts Academy.
- Sense of community: Not only does the building’s location and history make it a vital part of the town of Mint Hill, the tenant base enjoys a strong sense of community within the building.
- Close to home: The majority of tenants in The Lofts at 7714 are local Mint Hill residents, who have shed their long commutes into Charlotte and gained back valuable time, energy, and work/family balance.
- Affordable commercial space: The Lofts at 7714 has given many small businesses the chance to get started and grow. At rates typically at the lower end of Mint Hill market rates (and much lower than Charlotte or even Matthews rates), entrepreneurs of all types can afford to make The Lofts their home.
- Rare opportunity: Commercial spaces in The Lofts at 7714 do not open up often, and when they do, they typically are quickly scooped up. Both Suites G and H were on the market less than 15 days this spring before they were leased.
- Family-owned and operated: This former mill property has been owned by the Healy family since the early 1960s. Up until 1992, it housed Laminated Top Company, the family’s own small business. Since 2009-2010, the family’s commercial real estate partnership, JMMT Partnership, has been renting the building’s 10 unique spaces to other small business owners.
For more information about available commercial space in Mint Hill, contact the following JMMT Managing Partners:
- Margy Pettit at email@example.com
- Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lofts at 7714 is adding yet another local small business owner. Veteran architectural drafting professional Rick Rorie moves his firm – Rick Rorie Design Assistance – into Suite H of The Lofts at 7714 this month.
Rick specializes in commercial and residential architectural drafting services and photography. For many years, he has worked closely with McLeod Associates Architect, The Lofts other most recent addition to Suite G. For more information about Rick and his work, visit http://www.rickdesign.com.
JMMT Partnership, the owner of The Lofts at 7714, welcomes Rick, his business acumen and his creative energy to this retrofitted mill property located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, right in the heart of Mint Hill’s downtown business district.
There is only one space now available for lease in The Lofts at 7714. The 2,700 square foot Suite A, with it’s open floor plan and street-front visibility, is available as of June 1. For more information or to schedule a showing, please contact Margy Pettit at email@example.com or Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pottery 51, the longest running tenant of The Lofts at 7714, announced the public opening of their gallery in the following recent press release this week.
MINT HILL – Pottery 51 is now open, allowing the public to view its gallery and studio, as well as buy one-of-a-kind pottery by member artists.
Pottery 51 is a cooperative arts center dedicated to the continuation of North Carolina’s rich pottery tradition in Mint Hill and providing facilities for students, potters and clay artists to nurture their creative expression and artistic skills.
It offers studio space, classes, workshops, exhibits and special events to the community. Participation is open to potters and clay artists from novice to professional, as well as public friends of the arts.
The center is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays through the fall at 7714C Matthews-Mint Hill Road. Visit http://www.pottery51.org for details.
During its first few years in this former mill property, Pottery 51 operated out of a 1,400 square foot space, as it grew in its mission and participation. In 2013 with the group thriving, it moved into its current 3,400 square foot space, where it continued to add new members and create its gallery/showroom along with studio spaces of varying sizes for its member artists.
While the public has had some access to the gallery up to now, this announcement provides Mint Hill residents the opportunity to watch artists in action and view and purchase some of the area’s finest pottery and clay works all summer long and into the fall.
The Lofts at 7714 is a former mill property that has been retrofitted into ten commercial lofts. Pottery 51 occupies the second largest of these spaces. There are currently two spaces available for lease in The Lofts at 7714.
- Street-front Suite A: This 2,700 square foot space occupies the other side of the front of The Lofts at 7714 from Pottery 51. Its open floor plan can be utilized for retail or office use. Available June 1, 2017.
- Interior Suite H: This three-room, 500 square foot space enjoys a prime location by the visitors back entrance to the building. The largest of the three rooms can fit four to six work stations or desks, with additional work space available in the front reception room. Coming available soon.
For more information about The Lofts at 7714 or to schedule a showing of one of these available commercial spaces in Mint Hill’s downtown business district , please contact Margy Pettit at email@example.com or Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.