Monthly Archives: August 2014
For the most part, kids head back to school next Monday, so why shouldn’t you? Looking to find a new hobby or skill, meet new friends, and enrich your life? Autumn is a great time to do it and the tenants of The Lofts at 7714 have something for just about every adult this fall.
- Try a Tai Chi class or other martial arts form with Mint Hill Martial Arts, located in Suite A.
- Take a pottery class with one of the local artists of Pottery 51, located in Suite C. Or if you are planning some home redecorating this fall, visit their gallery to find the perfect accent piece.
- Learn how to truly relax and build strength in one of Mint Hill Yoga’s classes. They have something for every body from a beginners’ series to Viniyoga (breath centric yoga), Fusion, curvy yoga and senior yoga in their Suite F studio.
- Or fulfill a lifelong dream and finally take up that musical instrument you’ve always wanted to play with a private lesson at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy of Suite B. They offer 30 or 60 minute weekly private lessons for voice, guitar, piano, bass, percussion, acting, and band and orchestra instruments.
The Lofts at 7714 is Mint Hill’s only retrofitted mill property featuring ten unique commercial spaces.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy recently announced its fall class schedule of acting, singing and other performing arts classes for fall 2014.
- Spotlight Kid’s Choir (Ages 7-10): This class, which will meet weekly from September 8 through November 3, will teach students vocal techniques and give them the opportunity to perform Broadway and Disney songs. An end-of-season performance is scheduled for November 7th.
- Spotlighter’s Show Choir (Ages 10+): This singing and dancing class will meet weekly for ten weeks with an end-of-season performance on November 7th.
- The Actor’s Class (Ages 9-14): This stage and on camera acting class will meet weekly from September 9 through October 28.
- Production Class: This class takes students through an entire musical production from audition to end performance. It will meet twice weekly for between eight to ten weeks.
- My Time to Shine (Ages 4-7): This class introduces younger students to music and drama on a weekly basis.
To register for or learn more about any of these performing arts classes in Mint Hill, or to find out about Spotlight Performing Arts Academy’s individual offerings, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located within The Lofts at 7714 at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.