Monthly Archives: June 2014
Happy Summer from The Lofts at 7714, Mint Hill’s only surviving mill property located in the downtown business district. Since 2011, the former Kings Craft Hosiery mill building (circa 1945 to 1962) has been undergoing a retrofit. Today, eight local entrepreneurs, business people and artists call The Lofts at 7714 their commercial home.
- Enjoy a yoga class with Mint Hill Yoga.
- Peruse locally made clay works and other art at Pottery 51.
- Sign your child up for a summer camp at Spotlight Performing Arts Center.
- Buy a handmade piece of furniture from Arts by Glenwood.
- Get in shape with Mint Hill Martial Arts.
- Help yourself or a friend or family member find an apartment through Click.Pack.Move!
- Get human resources assistance for your small business through Employment Practices Counsel, Inc.
- Schedule a recording session for your band at Asylum Digital.
Stop by and visit this historic building, just across from the Mint Hill Carl J. McEwen Historic Village.
Mint Hill Yoga is now comfortably settled into its expanded space within The Lofts at 7714, the retrofitted mill building located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill. And its extensive class schedule is evidence that the new 685 square foot space is offering more opportunity for yoga practitioners of all ages, sizes and experience levels in Mint Hill.
In June, Mint Hill Yoga’s class schedule has something planned for every day of the week:
Sundays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Slow Flow at 7 pm – start your week off in the right frame of mind.
Mondays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Gentle Fusion at 9:30 am – enjoy a class that combines asanas from the viniyoga and alignment traditions along with large doses of breathwork and meditation.
- Fusion 1/2 Series at 6 pm
- Fusion 1/2 Series at 7:30 pm
Tuesdays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Beginners’ Yoga at 5:30 pm – all are welcome.
Wednesdays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Yoga Over 50 at 9:30 am – This recently renamed class now more accurately describes the incredible energy, laughter and interest in growth of this group.
- Curvy Yoga at 6:45 pm
Thursdays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Mindful Vinyasa at 7 pm
Fridays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Friday Night Workshops at 7 pm – visit Mint Hill Yoga’s website to find out about upcoming workshops.
Saturdays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Beginners Yoga at 9 am
- Mindful Vinyasa at 10:15 am
- Curvy Yoga at 12 pm
Mint Hill parents… Are you looking for fun and affordable camps for your children this summer? Do your children love to sing, dance or act? Then let them enjoy the “Spotlight” this summer.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier music and theater academy is hosting camps almost every week over the summer. With a variety of themes for ages 4 through 17, this is the place to be this summer for all your aspiring performers. And at just $100 to $200 per camp, you can afford to send your child to multiple camps at Spotlight for the cost of one week at many other summer camp venues.
To register for any of the following classes, click here — http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/Summer_Camps.html
June 16 through 20:
- Taste of Spotlight for ages 7-12 ($100)
June 23 through 27:
- Alice in Wonderland Musical Camp for ages 9-14 ($200)
July 7 through 11:
- Sleeping Beauty Musical Camp for ages 4-8 ($200)
- Show Choir Camp for ages 10-16 ($100)
July 14 through 18:
- Fame Musical Camp for ages 9-14 ($200)
July 21 through 25:
- Acting Workshop Camp for ages 10-14 ($200)
July 28 through August 1:
- Character Camp for ages 7-12 ($200)
August 4 through 8:
- Disney Musical Camp for ages 7-12 ($200)
August 11 through 15:
- Broadway Bound for ages 12-17 ($200)
August 18 through 22:
- Spotlight’s Got Talent for ages 10-16 ($100)
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located in Suite B of The Lofts at 7714, right in the heart of downtown Mint Hill at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road.