The Lofts at 7714 is the Place for Mint Hill’s Female Entrepreneurs
The building in downtown Mint Hill now known as The Lofts at 7714 has a long and storied mill and manufacturing history as an economic producer for the local economy and as a provider of jobs for local residents. Today, as a retrofitted mill property it is generating new history as the place for Mint Hill’s female entrepreneurs.
Eight of the ten unique commercial spaces within The Lofts at 7714 are now occupied, and a majority five of those eight are occupied by female owned businesses:
- Spotlight Performing Arts Academy owned by Angela Gordon Mills: This performing arts academy offers individual and group instruction for voice, musical instrument and theatre. They also offer summer camps for kids aged 4 through 17. Check it out at http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
- Mint Hill Yoga owned by Bettie Shea: This yoga studio offers a wide range of yoga styles for every body, from the beginner to the experienced practitioner. They also offer Friday night workshops and have recently announced two off site yoga retreats. Check it out at http://www.minthillyoga.com.
- Employment Practices Counsel, Inc. owned by Lynn Leary: Founded by attorneys specializing in employment law, this is the place where businesses go to get answers about all things related to creating, managing, and maintaining a solid employee base. Check it out at http://www.epcounsel.com.
- Click.Pack.Move! owned by Cheryl Murphy: Since 1996, this firm has been helping people move to Charlotte. They offer a free apartment locating service, apartment tours, area tours and other real estate services. Check it out at http://www.clickpackmove.com.
- JMMT Partnership: The owner and property manager of the building known as The Lofts at 7714 for over twenty years, this partnership has a majority female ownership in the three daughters of John and Margaret Healy who bought the building in 1963, for a total of over fifty years in the family.
For more information about The Lofts at 7714, contact one of the Managing Partners: Margy Pettit at 704-491-1472 or Mary Crotty at 704-968-8286.
Posted on April 1, 2014, in In the News and tagged available commercial space in downtown Mint Hill, commercial space in Mint Hill, female entrepreneurs in Mint Hill, female owned businesses in The Lofts at 7714, The Lofts at 7714. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.