Monthly Archives: April 2014
The civic, cultural and historical festival, Discover Mint Hill, will take place right across the street from The Lofts at 7714 at the Carl J. McEwen Historic Village this Saturday, May 3rd from 9 am to 3 pm.
In addition to strolling through the historic village, which gives you a glimpse of the Mint Hill of a century ago, visitors to Discover Mint Hill 2014 can enjoy…
- Opening day of the Mint Hill Farmers’ Market Herb and Flower Festival
- The 100th anniversary celebration at the Gold Office (at 11 am)
- Music by Doc’s Front Porch Players
- Hunt for gold at the panning shelter
- Genealogy experts
- Children’s games
- Lots of food and fun
The Carl J. McEwen Historic Village is located at 7601 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill. In case of rain on Saturday, Discover Mint Hill will take place on Sunday, May 4 from 1 to 4 pm.
For more information, visit http://www.minthill.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=178.
The Lofts at 7714 is proud to present Suite G for commercial lease in downtown Mint Hill at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road. This 250 square foot space is an ideal location for an entrepreneur, professional or artist situated in one of Mint Hill’s most unique buildings. Erected in 1945 as the Kings Craft Hosiery Mill, this building has been retrofitted into ten, unique commercial spaces.
Suite G is currently available for immediate lease and it features one of the mill property’s original wood doors, a large picture window, laminate wood flooring and its own air conditioning unit.
Take a look for yourself…
The interior front entrance to Suite G is close to building’s common entrance and it features one of this 1945 building’s original wood doors.
Once inside, the laminate wood floors create an attractive and professional aura.
The 10 x 25 foot space, is the perfect starter space or transition from a home work space to a separate physical location for your business.
For more information about this space or to schedule an in-person tour, contact JMMT Managing Partners Margy Pettit (email@example.com or 704-491-1472) or Mary Crotty (firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-968-8286).
Think Mint Hill is just a sleepy little suburb of Charlotte? Then come see what Mint Hill is all about this spring. Mint Hill is home to local favorites – The Hill Grill and Daphne’s Bakery; multiple arts organizations; the very active Mint Hill Athletic Association; and many beautiful neighborhoods. And with two family-friendly festivals planned in May, you have the perfect excuse to come see what is happening in this vibrant Charlotte neighbor.
- Discover Mint Hill: This civic and cultural festival will take place on Saturday, May 3 from 9 am to 3 pm at the Carl J. McEwen Historic Village in downtown Mint Hill. Come enjoy the Mint Hill Farmer’s Market, tour the Historic Village museum, play games and sample some delicious food.
- Mint Hill Madness: This annual festival of carnival rides, games, music, food and fun returns to Mint Hill over Memorial Day weekend this year. The festival opens on Friday, May 23 at 4 pm and goes through Sunday, May 25 at 5 pm, with the festival parade at 10 am on Saturday.
In the meantime, The Lofts at 7714, located in the heart of Mint Hill at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, is its own destination spot for Mint Hill residents and their neighbors in Matthews, Stallings, Indian Trail, Hemby, Monroe, Concord and even Charlotte. This historic mill property has been retrofitted into commercial lofts for local entrepreneurs, professionals and artists.
The Lofts at 7714 features such diverse and interesting destinations as Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, which offers individual and group voice, music and theatre classes, as well as summer camps and live performances; Mint Hill Yoga, which offers classes and workshops in a wide variety of yoga styles; Mint Hill Martial Arts, which offers classes in traditional Chinese Kung Fu; and Pottery 51, which offers pottery classes and exhibits the work of its member potters, which is available for purchase in the Pottery 51 gallery.
Come visit Mint Hill! Come visit The Lofts at 7714!
With the move and expansion of Mint Hill Yoga into a larger space within The Lofts at 7714, its former studio will be on the market in just eight days – April 16th. The 250 square foot space is perfect for a professional’s office, an artist’s studio or entrepreneur’s first commercial home like Mint Hill Yoga. Owner Bettie Shea started her yoga business in this space, built up her client base and after just a year and a half, Mint Hill Yoga’s growth spurred its move to the larger 685 square foot space within The Lofts at 7714.
The 250 square foot space’s features include:
- One of the building’s original wood doors serving as its entrance
- A large picture window for light and display, which comes complete with blinds when privacy is preferred
- Wood laminate flooring
- Its own air conditioning unit fully controlled by tenant
The Lofts at 7714 is a retrofitted mill property at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road. For more information about this available commercial space in downtown Mint Hill, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The building in downtown Mint Hill now known as The Lofts at 7714 has a long and storied mill and manufacturing history as an economic producer for the local economy and as a provider of jobs for local residents. Today, as a retrofitted mill property it is generating new history as the place for Mint Hill’s female entrepreneurs.
Eight of the ten unique commercial spaces within The Lofts at 7714 are now occupied, and a majority five of those eight are occupied by female owned businesses:
- Spotlight Performing Arts Academy owned by Angela Gordon Mills: This performing arts academy offers individual and group instruction for voice, musical instrument and theatre. They also offer summer camps for kids aged 4 through 17. Check it out at http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
- Mint Hill Yoga owned by Bettie Shea: This yoga studio offers a wide range of yoga styles for every body, from the beginner to the experienced practitioner. They also offer Friday night workshops and have recently announced two off site yoga retreats. Check it out at http://www.minthillyoga.com.
- Employment Practices Counsel, Inc. owned by Lynn Leary: Founded by attorneys specializing in employment law, this is the place where businesses go to get answers about all things related to creating, managing, and maintaining a solid employee base. Check it out at http://www.epcounsel.com.
- Click.Pack.Move! owned by Cheryl Murphy: Since 1996, this firm has been helping people move to Charlotte. They offer a free apartment locating service, apartment tours, area tours and other real estate services. Check it out at http://www.clickpackmove.com.
- JMMT Partnership: The owner and property manager of the building known as The Lofts at 7714 for over twenty years, this partnership has a majority female ownership in the three daughters of John and Margaret Healy who bought the building in 1963, for a total of over fifty years in the family.
For more information about The Lofts at 7714, contact one of the Managing Partners: Margy Pettit at 704-491-1472 or Mary Crotty at 704-968-8286.