Monthly Archives: February 2014
It’s not too early to begin looking at summer camps for your kids and now there’s an added incentive to be the early bird. You can save 20% off Spotlight Performing Arts Academy summer camps when you register before March 31, 2014 using the coupon code – OLAF.
As Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, Spotlight is offering a wide variety of fun and affordable summer camps for kids of all ages:
- Taste of Spotlight for ages 7-12 – June 16 through 20
- Musical Theatre Camp: Alice in Wonderland for ages 9-14 – June 23 through 27
- Sleeping Beauty for ages 4-8 – July 7 through 11
- Show Choir Camp for ages 10-16 – July 7 through 11
- Musical Theatre Camp: Fame for ages 9-14 – July 14 through 18
- Acting Workshop Camp for ages 10-14 – July 21 through 25
- Character Camp for ages 7-12 – July 28 through 31
- Musical Theatre Camp: Disney for ages 8-14 – August 4 through 8
- Broadway Bound for ages 12-17 – August 11 through 15
- Spotlight’s Got Talent for ages 10-16 – August 18 through 22
For more information on any of these exciting summer camps or to register before March 31 and save 20% on your camp tuition, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/Summer_Camps.html.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located with The Lofts at 7714, a retrofitted mill property in the heart of downtown Mint Hill.
Love chili? Want to help a good cause? Looking for a different lunch during your workday? Then drop by Spotlight Performing Arts Academy this Thursday, February 27th between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm for Mint Hill’s annual Chili Cook-Off.
For the second year in a row, Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, will host the Chili Cook-Off, a fundraising event sponsored by the Town of Mint Hill and the Arts and Science Council.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located within The Lofts at 7714 at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, will host auditions next week for its Spring Production Class, which will present the musical “Bye Bye Birdie.”
Spotlight’s production classes are theatre-based classes that offer students the opportunity to participate in a musical or play. Students interested in performing an on-stage role must audition. The auditions for “Bye Bye Birdie” are open to students in grades 6 through 12 and will be held on Tuesday, February 11th and again on Thursday, February 13th at 6 pm.
At the auditions, students will be expected to:
- Perform acapella 16 bars of a song they have prepared
- Read from a side provided by Spotlight or one memorized and prepared by the student (no longer than 1 minute)
Rehearsal/class times for “Bye Bye Birdie” will take place on Thursdays from 5 to 7 pm, Saturdays from 10 am to 12 pm, and possibly on some Tuesdays as the show times near.
There are also non-stage roles available for those interested in learning and participating in the stage crew work for this production. For more information about Spotlight Performing Arts’ Production Classes, visit www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
Show times of “Bye Bye Birdie” are scheduled for Saturday, April 26th and Sunday, April 27th at 7 pm.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located within The Lofts at 7714, a retrofitted mill building in downtown Mint Hill.