Monthly Archives: May 2013
Is your business in the creative field? Or does it just need a new place to call home? Then look no further than The Lofts at 7714, located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill. This retrofitted mill building has been recently transformed from warehouse space into ten individual commercial spaces that allow tenants to take advantage of this building’s vintage architecture to create truly unique business spaces, perfect for local professionals, artists, merchants and entrepreneurs.
Available Right Now and Move-in Ready
- 685 square feet that includes a large front room and two smaller side rooms. This interior space features a large window to the common area, providing additional lighting and ambiance, as well as built-in shelving. Lease terms from 6 months to 3 years with a sliding rental rate scale, so the longer you stay the less you pay per month. Contact JMMT Partnership, owner of The Lofts at 7714, today to schedule your tour of this space or to get more information.
Available for Development
- 385 square feet, enclosed but not finished out. This internal space would make a great starter spot for a new business or an alternative space to someone looking to downsize from their existing business space. It could be used as storage or small warehouse space as is or tenant could finish it out creating exactly what they want in the space. Contact JMMT Partnership to discuss this space today.
- Approximate 600-800 square feet completely undeveloped space located in the center of the common area of the building. Parties interesting in building out their own space in this area should contact JMMT Partnership for a tour of the building.
To reach JMMT Partnership, contact one of the following General Managers:
- Margy Pettit at 704-491-1472 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Crotty at 704-968-8286 or via email at email@example.com
They’ve been practicing all spring – singers, dancers and musicians – to recreate a TV classic. Come enjoy the result as Spotlight Performing Arts Academy presents School House Rocks Live! Jr. the weekend of May 31st through June 2nd.
The cast will take you back in time to the unique show that was School House Rocks or introduce your children to it for the first time. Join them as they recreate this Emmy award-winning 1970’s Saturday morning cartoon series that taught history, grammar, math, science and politics through clever, tuneful songs.
The shows will take place on Spotlight Performing Arts’ main stage on…
- Friday, May 31st at 7 pm
- Saturday, June 1st at 2 pm
- Sunday June 2nd at 7 pm
Tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for students. Visit www.spotlightacademyonline.com to purchase your tickets or get more information. Seating is limited so buy your tickets early to ensure you won’t miss out on this treat from local performance artists.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located within The Lofts at 7714, at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
The local artists of Pottery 51 will participate in the Carolina Clay Matters Pottery Guild’s Spring Pottery Festival this weekend. The festival is Saturday, May 11th from 10 am to 4 pm at the Barn at McAlpine Business Park, 8300 Monroe Road in Charlotte. Specifically, Pottery 51’s Rachel Hoover, David Bridge, Max McLeod, Althea Hayduk and Brenda Roberts will join about 50 other local potters, all members of the Carolina Clay Matters Pottery Guild, in displaying their ceramic works at the festival.
Pottery 51’s studio and gallery are located within The Lofts at 7714, a retrofitted mill property at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill. The nonprofit group rents individual studio space to local potters and offers pottery classes to local residents.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy’s Show Choir will present “The Power of Music” this Friday evening May 10th at 7 pm. Tickets are just $5 for this spectacular evening of music and dance but they are going fast, so call 704-545-7373 to reserve your seats today.
Anchoring The Lofts at 7714, a retrofitted mill property, Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is Mint Hill’s premier music and performing arts school, offering individual and group classes in voice, drama and a wide variety of musical instruments. Visit www.spotlightacademyonline for more information.
Looking for something fun to do tonight in Mint Hill. Look no further than Pottery 51, located in The Lofts at 7714, as they host their First Friday event tonight, May 3 from 6:30 to 9 pm. Light refreshments will be served while you browse through the potters’ studio.
And in case you are looking for a truly unique Mother’s Day gift, check out the Pottery 51 gallery, which includes the handmade, local pottery and jewelry of member artists.
For more information about Pottery 51, visit http://www.facebook.com/pottery51.