Monthly Archives: March 2013
The Lofts at 7714 is Mint Hill’s up-and-coming vintage property. Born out of Mint Hill’s only textile mill, this historic building has survived many lives to its current one as home to local entrepreneurs, merchants and creative souls. It features ten unique and eclectic commercial spaces, all in varying sizes and shapes. Seven of those spaces are occupied by the building’s wonderfully creative and industrious tenants who are proudly as unique and eclectic as the building itself.
Here is what The Lofts at 7714 tenants have on the go …
- Asylum Digital, the brainchild of local musician and artist Scott Slagle, is a full service digital recording studio. With an 850 square foot live room and 300 square foot control room within The Lofts at 7714, this studio handles everything from solo vocalists to full bands. Asylum Digital recently worked on the music and sound for Cinemax’s latest show Banshee, which was filmed in Charlotte.
- As the newest member of The Lofts at 7714 tenant community, Click.Pack.Move!, an apartment locating service, recently finished converting the blank canvas of Suite C into its new headquarters. This 1400 square foot space now accommodates the Click.Pack.Move! management and staff as they assist people in finding the right rental space in Charlotte and the surrounding communities.
- Employment Practices Counsel operates its HR consulting firm out of the 500 square foot Suite H within The Lofts at 7714. EP Counsel just launched its new website as well as its latest division – EPC Background Check Solutions to assist businesses with all their employment background check needs.
- In just two short years, JMMT Partnership, the family owned real estate partnership that has owned this building for close to 50 years, has taken an almost empty warehouse space and turned it into a thriving commercial property, saving one of Mint Hill’s remaining historic properties and only textile mill building in the process.
- Mint Hill Martial Arts was one of the first tenants to sign on at The Lofts at 7714 and in that time, its instructors and students have created the perfect space for themselves in their 2700 square feet of real estate. They currently offer 9 classes per week in Kung Fu, Jujutsu, Tai Chi and more.
- For all yoga enthusiasts in Mint Hill, Matthews and beyond, Mint Hill Yoga prides itself on offering “yoga for every body.” Weekly group and individual classes are available from multiple instructors and at various times throughout the week in its studio. Mint Hill Yoga is also offering spring series classes, which still have some openings.
- Since moving from Suite C in The Lofts at 7714 to the street front Suite B, Pottery 51 has grown from about 8 potters to 24. In just six months, Pottery 51 has created a truly remarkable space for itself, which includes three kilns, individual studio space for potters and a gallery to display their work. Pottery 51 was recently featured in the arts section of The Matthews-Mint Hill Weekly.
- And last but definitely not least, Spotlight Performing Arts Academy anchors the building in Suite A. In addition to quickly getting involved in the town of Mint Hill by hosting the annual chili cook off, Spotlight continues to build its repertoire of musical and dramatic arts classes and productions for students of all ages and talent levels within its 3600 square feet of space.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is hosting auditions this week for its own version of the Emmy award winning 1970’s show – School House Rock.
School House Rock Live, Jr! will be performed on Friday, May 31st and Saturday, June 1st at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy’s studios located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road.
To be a part of this fantastic musical production, come audition either tonight, March 14th, at 7:30 pm or Saturday, March 16th at 10 am. Auditions are being held on a first come first serve basis so you can call 704-545-7373 to reserve your audition time. All actors should come to the audition prepared to sing 16 bars of a song a Capella.
Mint Hill Yoga, located in Suite H of the Lofts at 7714, is now registering for its spring Series Classes. Each of the following Series is made up of 5 sessions of a specific yoga class and the cost is $40 per series.
Basics/Level 1 & 2 Series: Offered Monday at 6 pm on 4/8, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29 and 5/6. Instructor – Bettie Shea, RYT.
Basics/Level 1 & 2 Series: Offered Monday at 7:30 pm on 4/8, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29 and 5/6. Instructor – Bettie Shea, RYT.
Subtle Flow Series: Offered Wednesday at 9:30 am on 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8 and 5/15. Instructor – Bettie Shea, RYT.
Basics/Level 1 & 2 Series: Offered Tuesday at 6 pm on 3/26, 4/2, 4/9, 4/16 and 4/23. Instructor – Adele Schiessle, CPT.
Energy Flow Series/All Levels: Offered Tuesday at 7:30 pm on 3/19, 3/26, 4/2, 4/9 and 4/16. Instructor – Adele Schiessle, CPT.
For more information on registering or on Mint Hill Yoga’s other class offerings, visit www.MintHillYoga.com. Please note, no refunds or makeups are provided for Series Classes.
The Lofts at 7714 is located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
As of March 15th, an approximate 700 square foot interior/studio space will become available for commercial lease in The Lofts at 7714, located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Mint Hill, NC. The Lofts at 7714 is an historic retrofitted mill property that is currently home to such arts and fitness-related entities as Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Pottery 51, Mint Hill Martial Arts, Mint Hill Yoga, andAsylum Digitial, as well as local businesses Click.Pack.Move! and Employment Practices Counsel.
This 700 square foot space includes one very large office/studio space with two smaller connecting rooms, all of which have been recently painted in a beautiful neutral tone. Additional features include a picture window to the interior of the building (with blinds for privacy) and a built-in book shelf. Utilities, with the exception of internet/phone, are included with the lease.
For more information or to view the space, call JMMT Managing Partners – Margy Pettit (704-491-1472) or Mary Crotty (704-968-8286).
Looking for something different to do this Friday night? Why not stop by Pottery 51’s Open House, where you will enjoy the beautiful clay works of local artists along with delicious food and wine, all in their eclectic studio within the walls of Mint Hill’s only former textile mill – The Lofts at 7714. The brick walls and raftered ceilings make the perfect aesthetic backdrop to the unique, hand-made pottery of this month’s featured artists – Paul Lyon and Nic Nelson.
Pottery 51 is located right on highway 51 in downtown Mint Hill at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road. Drop by anytime tonight, Friday March 1st between 6:30 and 9 pm.