In 2012, Bettie Alston Shea approached JMMT Partnership about renting out part of the then-empty Suite B (now occupied by Spotlight Performing Arts Academy) for a few hours on occasional Sundays to conduct yoga classes.
She was testing the Mint Hill market to see if her dream of opening a yoga studio in her hometown was feasible. The success of those classes gave her the confidence to dive into small business ownership. In September 2012, Mint Hill Yoga officially opened in the 250-square foot Suite G in The Lofts at 7714.
Within two years, Bettie’s business had grown so much that she needed a bigger space. The yoga studio, whose motto is Yoga for Every Body, moved into the 685-square foot Suite E in 2014. Bettie transformed the prior office space into the serene and welcoming studio it still calls home today.
JMMT Partnership, the owner of The Lofts at 7714, is pleased to announce that Mint Hill Yoga will stay in Suite E for another year, as it has renewed its lease through March 31, 2019.
“Bettie takes such good care of her students, many of whom are recovering from illnesses or are struggling with the burdens of aging. In addition, she is a true caretaker of this historic property. We are so grateful for her presence in the building and the sense of community that she brings to it,” said Mary Crotty, managing partner for JMMT Partnership, about the lease renewal.
Mint Hill Yoga’s six-year tenancy in The Lofts at 7714, which is only surpassed by Pottery 51’s, has coincided with major changes in this retrofitted mill property, including the transition from a septic system to connection to the county sewer line.
Don’t miss out on the exciting events occurring at Vintage On The Hill over the next 30 days. Located in Suite I of The Lofts at 7714, Vintage on the Hill sells custom refinished and repurposed furniture, home goods, and more. They also provide custom repair and restoration services to bring new life to your favorite pieces. Or they can create a custom build just for you.
Calendar of Upcoming Events at Vintage On The Hill
- Saturday, February 17th – SPRING OPEN HOUSE: Come visit the showroom, browse the latest products, and enjoy refreshments from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, February 24th – PORCH SALE: Come take advantage of some amazing deals as Vintage On The Hill consolidates its Midland shop into this Mint Hill location. Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, February 24th – FINISHES CLASS FROM 10 A.M. TO 2 P.M.: Call 704-808-0227 today to reserve your spot in this Finishes painting class hosted by Vintage On The Hill.
- Monday, February 26th – LADIES NIGHT: Drop by the shop from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. to enjoy refreshments, door prizes, and more.
- Saturday, March 10th – “PAINT A PIECE” CLASS FROM 10 A.M. TO 2 P.M.: Bring your own piece (24″ x 24″ x 24″) and learn how to use the shop’s Farmhouse Paint to turn it into a fabulous new item for your home. Call 704-808-0227 to reserve your spot for this class.
Directions and Parking
Vintage On The Hill is located in The Lofts at 7714, the retrofitted mill property at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill. It is easily accessible from Highway 51 and I-485.
Visitors can parallel park along the side of the building by Woof n Hoof or in the back lot. Vintage On The Hill is located in Suite I, which has its own private entrance accessible from the back parking lot.
JMMT Partnership, the owner of The Lofts at 7714, is pleased to announce that McLeod Associates Architect has renewed its lease for another year in this retrofitted mill property located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
The firm began upfitting the 250 square foot-Suite G to meet its needs last April and moved in during the month of May. Their new lease secures Suite G for them through April 2019.
Like the majority of the small business tenants in The Lofts at 7714, owner Max McLeod is a resident of Mint Hill. He is also a board member of Pottery 51, the co-op of local clay artists located in The Lofts at 7714’s Suite C.
McLeod Associates Architect has been providing architectural design services for churches, schools, and other organizations in the Charlotte area for over four decades. They join the rest of The Lofts at 7714’s tenants in calling this circa 1945 building their commercial home.
The Tenants of The Lofts at 7714
- Bull Moose Guns (Suite A)
- Spotlight Performing Arts Academy (Suite B)
- Pottery 51 (Suite C)
- Mint Hill Yoga (Suite E)
- Rick Rorie Design/Photography (Suites F and H)
- McLeod Associates Architect (Suite G)
- Vintage On The Hill (Suite I)
- Summit Environmental Services (Suites J and K)
The Lofts at 7714 is currently at full occupancy, however, we do maintain a waiting list for prospective tenants. To join that list and receive first notification of openings in The Lofts at 7714, email Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is never too early to start planning your children’s summer activities. In just 131 days, elementary through high school-aged students in Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools will be celebrating their last day of the 2017-2018 school year. Registering now for summer camps will ensure your children get a spot at their favorite camps, give you piece of mind, and, if it is with Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, save you money.
Now through March 1, 2018, Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, located in The Lofts at 7714 in downtown Mint Hill, is running an early bird summer camp special–10% off the camp or camps of your choice.
With seven camps scheduled between the weeks of June 18th and August 6th that are structured for students aged 6 through 19, there is something for every aspiring actor, singer, and songwriter at Spotlight.
To register for these camps at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, go to http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/summer-camps.html:
- June 18 – 22: “In the Spotlight” Kids Edition Camp for ages 6 through 10
- June 18 – 22: Find Your Songwriting Camp for ages 10 through 19
- June 25 – 29: Summer Stock “Into the Woods, Jr.” for ages 9 through 18
- July 9 – 13: Summer Stock “Aladdin, Jr.” for ages 9 through 18
- July 16 – 20: Broadway Boot Camp for ages 12 through 19
- July 23 – 27: Summer Stock “Schoolhouse Rock Live, Jr.” for ages 8 through 16
- August 6 – 10: Summer Stock “Disney’s Cinderella, Kids” for ages 7 through 14
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, featuring individual and group classes in voice, theater, and musical instrument; staging several major theater productions for the community each year; and offering summer camps. Located just five minutes from I-485, it is convenient to the entire Charlotte area.
The Lofts at 7714 is a retrofitted mill property located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill. Parking for visitors to Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is available in the front lot, along the side driveway by Woof n Hoof (please parallel park to the right for traffic to flow through on the left) and in the back lot.
JMMT Partnership, the owner of The Lofts at 7714, is pleased to announce that long-time tenant, Pottery 51, has renewed its lease for another three years.
The non-profit pottery co-op, consisting of Mint Hill potters and clay artists, has resided in this former mill property at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road for over a decade. There current location in the building in Suite C, one of three street-front spaces, includes a gallery that is open to the public, studio work space for over a dozen artists, and its own kiln.
For more information about Pottery 51 visit their website at http://www.pottery51.org.
The Lofts at 7714, the retrofitted property of Mint Hill’s only textile mill, invites you to visit its tenants in 2018. Whether your New Year’s Resolution is to get fit, learn a musical instrument, take a pottery class or refurbish your favorite furniture piece, there is something for everyone at The Lofts at 7714.
- Bull Moose Guns in Suite A restores and sells vintage fire arms and military gear.
- Spotlight Performing Arts Academy in Suite B offers voice, instrument and drama classes for performers of all ages.
- Pottery 51 in Suite C is a co-op of local clay artists whose work is featured in their front gallery.
- Mint Hill Yoga in Suite E offers Yoga for Every Body.
- Rick Rorie Design/Photography in Suites F and H offers commercial drafting services and photography services to businesses and individuals.
- McLeod Associates Architect in Suite G helps local churches and other organizations design their latest projects.
- Vintage On The Hill in Suite I restores and sells refurbished antiques, furniture and home goods.
- Summit Environmental in Suites J and K provides surveying and locating services in the Charlotte area.
Visitors to Bull Moose Guns, Spotlight Performing Arts Academy and Pottery 51 park in the front lot.
All other visitors please park on the side lot by Woof n Hoof (please parallel park to the right so cars can pass thru on the left) and in the back lot.
Hours of Operation
Hours of operation vary by tenant. Please check individual tenant websites to find out their hours, class times and more.
The Lofts at 7714 is located in downtown Mint Hill at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road.
We look forward to your visit in 2018!
As 2017 rapidly comes to an end, we want to thank all the patrons of The Lofts at 7714 for your business this year. We are a community of small businesses, owned and/or managed by local Mint Hill residents, providing valuable services and offering quality goods for our neighbors in Mint Hill and beyond:
- Bull Moose Guns
- Spotlight Performing Arts Academy
- Pottery 51
- Mint Hill Yoga
- McLeod Architect Associates
- Rick Rorie Design/Photography
- Vintage On The Hill
- Summit Environmental Services
HAPPY HOLIDAYS from us all! We look forward to continuing to serve the town of Mint Hill and its residents in 2018.
Forget the mall traffic and stress this weekend. Come do your holiday shopping at the Pottery 51 Holiday Open House this Saturday, December 9 from 10 a.m to 4 p.m.
The gallery, located in Suite C of The Lofts at 7714 at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, is filled with unique clay pieces and pottery made right here in Mint Hill by Pottery 51’s local artists.
Pottery 51 is a non-profit co-op that provides studio space for its members and offers classes to the public. For more information visit www. pottery51.org.
Are you preparing for the frenzy of Black Friday? Or are you dreading it? There is a way to forego the chaos entirely–shop small on Saturday, November 25 (or any other day this holiday season). For the last several years, this American Express initiative has encouraged shoppers to support local small businesses the day after Black Friday. We recommend supporting them on Shop Small Saturday and every day.
Mint Hill is teeming with small businesses, especially in The Lofts at 7714. This former mill property, located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, is now home to a majority of small businesses owned and operated by local Mint Hill residents. Stop by and visit them on Shop Small Saturday. You’re sure to find a unique holiday gift like these, while actually enjoying the shopping experience:
- Home décor items, candles, holiday decorations, and more at Vintage On The Hill
- A variety of truly original clay pieces crafted by the local artists at Pottery 51
- Tickets to Les Miserable School Edition or pre-pay for music/voice/acting lessons for the winter session at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy
- Yoga classes for yourself or a loved one at Mint Hill Yoga
- Photography by local artist Rick Rorie
- A vintage firearm, military memorabilia, or concealed carry class at Bull Moose Guns
The Lofts at 7714 is proud to support local small businesses by offering them affordable space in a one-of-a-kind building, Mint Hill’s only mill property built in 1945.
The talented, hard-working students at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy will stage the epic, grand and uplifting Les Miserables School Edition December 1 through 9 in Suite B of The Lofts at 7714, located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Mint Hill, North Carolina.
Start your holiday season off with a trip to the theatre right here in Mint Hill. There are six shows planned, and tickets are now on sale.
- Friday, December 1 at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 2 at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 3 at 3 p.m.
- Friday, December 8 at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 9 at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Order your $7 advance tickets today at http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com. Tickets at the door at showtime are $8.