Rick Rorie Design Assistance, an architectural drafting service, moved into The Lofts at 7714’s Suite H last month, and this month Rick is branching out, adding the 375 square foot Suite F for use as his photography studio.
Check out Rick’s photography at http://www.rickdesign.com/rrphotography.html.
As of tomorrow, June 1, 2017, The Lofts at 7714 boasts the rare opening of a commercial space in this retrofitted mill property in the heart of Mint Hill’s business district.
Not only is this a prime location with significant drive-by traffic on Matthews-Mint Hill Road, it is also convenient for local Mint Hill residents, as well as those in surrounding communities, such as Matthews, Indian Trail, Stallings, Hemby, and Concord.
Here are 10 more reasons to consider Suite A in The Lofts at 7714 as the new home for your retail, commercial, or arts-related business:
- Lots of space: At 2,700 square feet, this space can house loads of merchandise for a retail venture or accommodate numerous work stations for a commercial office.
- Street-front visibility: New and prospective customers will have no trouble spotting your business along this main thoroughfare that anchors Mint Hill’s business district.
- Open floor plan: The space is literally a blank canvas that can be turned into the space of your business dreams.
- Historic charm: Built in 1945 as Mint Hill’s only textile mill, the property retains much of its original architecture, including portions of the building’s original brick exterior that makes up part of Suite A’s left wall.
- Creative vibe: The vintage feel of the building gets the creative juices flowing. Just ask Pottery 51 and Spotlight Performing Arts Academy.
- Sense of community: Not only does the building’s location and history make it a vital part of the town of Mint Hill, the tenant base enjoys a strong sense of community within the building.
- Close to home: The majority of tenants in The Lofts at 7714 are local Mint Hill residents, who have shed their long commutes into Charlotte and gained back valuable time, energy, and work/family balance.
- Affordable commercial space: The Lofts at 7714 has given many small businesses the chance to get started and grow. At rates typically at the lower end of Mint Hill market rates (and much lower than Charlotte or even Matthews rates), entrepreneurs of all types can afford to make The Lofts their home.
- Rare opportunity: Commercial spaces in The Lofts at 7714 do not open up often, and when they do, they typically are quickly scooped up. Both Suites G and H were on the market less than 15 days this spring before they were leased.
- Family-owned and operated: This former mill property has been owned by the Healy family since the early 1960s. Up until 1992, it housed Laminated Top Company, the family’s own small business. Since 2009-2010, the family’s commercial real estate partnership, JMMT Partnership, has been renting the building’s 10 unique spaces to other small business owners.
For more information about available commercial space in Mint Hill, contact the following JMMT Managing Partners:
- Margy Pettit at email@example.com
- Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lofts at 7714 is adding yet another local small business owner. Veteran architectural drafting professional Rick Rorie moves his firm – Rick Rorie Design Assistance – into Suite H of The Lofts at 7714 this month.
Rick specializes in commercial and residential architectural drafting services and photography. For many years, he has worked closely with McLeod Associates Architect, The Lofts other most recent addition to Suite G. For more information about Rick and his work, visit http://www.rickdesign.com.
JMMT Partnership, the owner of The Lofts at 7714, welcomes Rick, his business acumen and his creative energy to this retrofitted mill property located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, right in the heart of Mint Hill’s downtown business district.
There is only one space now available for lease in The Lofts at 7714. The 2,700 square foot Suite A, with it’s open floor plan and street-front visibility, is available as of June 1. For more information or to schedule a showing, please contact Margy Pettit at email@example.com or Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pottery 51, the longest running tenant of The Lofts at 7714, announced the public opening of their gallery in the following recent press release this week.
MINT HILL – Pottery 51 is now open, allowing the public to view its gallery and studio, as well as buy one-of-a-kind pottery by member artists.
Pottery 51 is a cooperative arts center dedicated to the continuation of North Carolina’s rich pottery tradition in Mint Hill and providing facilities for students, potters and clay artists to nurture their creative expression and artistic skills.
It offers studio space, classes, workshops, exhibits and special events to the community. Participation is open to potters and clay artists from novice to professional, as well as public friends of the arts.
The center is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays through the fall at 7714C Matthews-Mint Hill Road. Visit http://www.pottery51.org for details.
During its first few years in this former mill property, Pottery 51 operated out of a 1,400 square foot space, as it grew in its mission and participation. In 2013 with the group thriving, it moved into its current 3,400 square foot space, where it continued to add new members and create its gallery/showroom along with studio spaces of varying sizes for its member artists.
While the public has had some access to the gallery up to now, this announcement provides Mint Hill residents the opportunity to watch artists in action and view and purchase some of the area’s finest pottery and clay works all summer long and into the fall.
The Lofts at 7714 is a former mill property that has been retrofitted into ten commercial lofts. Pottery 51 occupies the second largest of these spaces. There are currently two spaces available for lease in The Lofts at 7714.
- Street-front Suite A: This 2,700 square foot space occupies the other side of the front of The Lofts at 7714 from Pottery 51. Its open floor plan can be utilized for retail or office use. Available June 1, 2017.
- Interior Suite H: This three-room, 500 square foot space enjoys a prime location by the visitors back entrance to the building. The largest of the three rooms can fit four to six work stations or desks, with additional work space available in the front reception room. Coming available soon.
For more information about The Lofts at 7714 or to schedule a showing of one of these available commercial spaces in Mint Hill’s downtown business district , please contact Margy Pettit at email@example.com or Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of May 1, Suite G in The Lofts at 7714 welcomes a new tenant – McLeod Associates Architect. The 250-square foot space will be the new commercial home of architect, photographer, artist, and potter Max McLeod and his well renowned firm.
Max has been a long-time member of Pottery 51, located in Suite C; and JMMT Partnership, the owners of The Lofts at 7714, are thrilled to welcome his professional business into our midst as well. The architecture firm specializes in designing churches and their related buildings, such as gymnasiums.
McLeod Associates Architect joins the list of locally-owned small businesses occupying this retrofitted mill property in the heart of Mint Hill’s business district. Welcome McLeod Associates Architect!
Interested in adding your small business to the mix? Then you’re in luck, as two spaces within The Lofts at 7714 are coming available soon.
The 2,700-square foot Suite A is one of just three street-front spaces in The Lofts at 7714, so it enjoys high visibility along the well-traveled Matthews-Mint Hill Road (Highway 51). In addition, it’s open floor plan makes it an ideal space for almost any type of commercial concern, i.e. retail store, art/dance/fitness studio, or business office. Its charm includes remnants of the mill building’s original brick walls.
Looking for a little less space, but still want some historic charm?
Then the 500-square foot, three-room Suite H is for your business. It’s welcoming front door leads into a front office/reception area. From there, you enter a hallway room that has space for a desk or storage units and also features a closet for additional storage. Finally, the largest of the three rooms provides ample space.
For a small retailer, the back room is perfect for displaying or storing merchandise. For a commercial business, it could house multiple (4-6) work stations. And for an individual artist or an artist co-op, it provides enough space for multiple easel’s and creative areas.
For more information about Mint Hill’s small business incubator, The Lofts at 7714, contact JMMT Managing Partners: Margy Pettit at email@example.com or Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lofts at 7714 is more than just Mint Hill’s only mill property, way more! Of course, in addition to its historic nature, it’s circa 1945 architecture is unique within the Mint Hill business district. But above and beyond that, its ten commercial lofts provide an affordable and appealing space for entrepreneurs, small businesses, professionals, and artists to grow their enterprises. It is Mint Hill’s very own small business incubator.
Take Mint Hill Yoga, a tenant since 2012. Owner Bettie Shea started out renting space in a vacant loft on Sundays to gauge local interest in yoga and build her plans for her business. Then she moved into the smallest space in The Lofts at 7714 – 250 square foot Suite G- and breathed, stretched, and meditated her way into a full fledged small business. By 2014, her customer base outgrew Suite G, and she moved into the 685 square foot Suite E, where she still conducts yoga classes every week “for every body.”
The Lofts at 7714 is full of these kinds of small business success stories. Our tenants are small businesses, local businesses, and family-run businesses, all who needed an affordable space in a convenient location in or near their home. And they found that in The Lofts at 7714.
Now’s your chance! The Lofts at 7714 has two lofts coming available this summer . . .
For those who need a large space, there is Suite A. At 2,700 square feet, it’s large open floor plan can be configured for just about any commercial concern – retail or business oriented. It’s also one of only three street-front spaces in The Lofts at 7714. These are sought after spaces because they do not come available very often. In fact, this is the first time one has been available since the summer of 2012. Suite A is available as of June 1, 2017.
And for those who need a smaller space, there is Suite H. This 500 square foot, three-room space is ideal for a multi-person office, artists’ studio, or small retail shop. Its floor plan opens into a decent-sized reception area with a window for natural light; then leads into a hallway, which is big enough to fit a desk or storage units and includes a closet; and finally takes you into the back room, which is the largest, also includes a window for natural light, and could handle 4-6 work stations. Suite H is available as of July 1, 2017.
For more information about The Lofts at 7714 and available commercial space in Mint Hill, email Margy Pettit at email@example.com or Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This just in. A 500 square foot commercial space is coming available in The Lofts at 7714. Located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill, The Lofts at 7714 is a retrofitted mill property consisting of 10 commercial spaces.
Suite H comes available on July 1, 2017. It enjoys a prime location in The Lofts at 7714 with close proximity to the visitors entrance and parking lot. It features three rooms: it opens into a small reception area; that leads through a large hallway area with space for a desk and/or storage capacity; which then leads into the largest room that can accommodate multiple workspaces. The front and back rooms enjoy natural light through the space’s windows.
The Lofts at 7714 welcomes local entrepreneurs, small businesses, professionals, and artists to inquire about Suite H. Leasing in Mint Hill in the Lofts at 7714 is convenient and affordable.
And if you need more space, the 2,700 square foot Suite A in The Lofts at 7714 is also coming available this summer.
For more information, email Margy Pettit at email@example.com or Mary Crotty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lofts at 7714 presents Suite A – a 2,700 square foot, street-front space on Matthews-Mint Hill Road, right in the middle of Mint Hill’s growing business district. Spaces this size, in this prime location, are not a dime a dozen.
In fact, Suite A is one of the larger spaces available in downtown Mint Hill, and one of the few that is larger than 2,000 square feet for retail or office use.
Suite A of The Lofts at 7714 features an open floor plan, which offers tenants an incredible amount of flexibility in creating the space perfect for their business needs. It enjoys its own private front entrance, as well as a interior entrance to the common area of the building.
Tenants looking for a space out-of-the-ordinary will love the remnants of the old mill’s exterior brick wall, which lines one side of Suite A. The exterior of the building is one of the most attractive in town, as the only remaining mill property left in Mint Hill.
Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity for one of only three street-front, over 2,500 square foot spaces within The Lofts at 7714. Your neighbors will include Spotlight Performing Arts Center, Pottery 51, Mint Hill Yoga, Employment Practices Counsel, Reel Weddings and Reel Promos, and Summit Environment.
For more information on Suite A of The Lofts at 7714, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mecklenburg County Residents . . .
Are you thinking about starting up a new business or looking to relocate your existing business to a more suitable location? Consider the town of Mint Hill for your next commercial home. Located just a few short miles from Charlotte, it is easily accessible via I-485 and Highway 51 and it offers many amenities.
The Top 4 Reasons to Locate Your Business in Mint Hill, NC:
- Community: Mint Hill is proud of its history, but it also welcomes and embraces its newest citizens, whether they are residential or commercial or both. One of the few remaining areas in Mecklenburg County to feature lots of green space, Mint Hill is filled with parks that offer a wide range of activities for people of all ages. The town relishes its small-town community feel, while enjoying the benefits of being just minutes from Charlotte.
- Convenience: Getting to and from Mint Hill from Charlotte, Matthews, Indian Trail, Stallings, Concord, and even Ballantyne is an easy drive. Compared to the rest of the greater Charlotte area, Mint Hill traffic is lighter and less congested. Highway 51 runs right through the downtown business district, and 1-485 is just minutes from the same. Many Mint Hill residents locate their businesses in their hometown because they know they can build strong relationships and customer loyalty among their local neighbors.
- Affordability: Local business people, entrepreneurs and professionals find that commercial real estate tends to lease for less in Mint Hill. Prices generally range from $14 per square foot per year for spaces that are older or not as centrally located to $24 per square foot per year for newer, class A developments.
- The Lofts at 7714: Mint Hill features The Lofts at 7714, a retrofitted mill property located right on Highway 51 in the downtown business district. Built in 1945 and Mint Hill’s only surviving textile mill building, The Lofts at 7714 features 10 commercial spaces, varying in size from 250 to 3,600 square feet. The building’s vintage vibe offers respite from the cookie-cutter spaces of new development, and it engenders creativity and individuality. Its great location even comes at an affordable price as the Lofts at 7714 falls on the lower end of Mint Hill’s leasing rates.
The Lofts at 7714 has two spaces coming available soon. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about relocating your business to Mint Hill and The Lofts at 7714.
Originally built as the King Craft Hosiery Mill, the property located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road and now known as The Lofts at 7714 is unusual for Mint Hill commercial real estate in more ways than its original use, surviving architecture, and historic significance.
When the mill closed down in the early 1960s, the Healy family bought the property and housed its business there until the early 1990s, at which point the next generation of the family took over and continues to own and operate the property today.
The local roots of the building extend beyond its ownership: the majority of the tenants leasing the commercial spaces in The Lofts at 7714 are local residents of Mint Hill. There business entities range from yoga and pottery studios to performing arts, website design, and wedding videography. All chose to locate their business within their home town for its convenience, community-orientation, and, of course, its affordability.
Now is your chance to do the same.
A rare vacancy in The Lofts at 7714 is coming available in June 2017. Suite A is one of only three street-front spaces within the property, and the first one to be available in over five years. This 2,700 square foot space features high ceilings, brick wall remnants of the building’s original exterior, its own private front entrance, and loads of space to accommodate many different business types.
For more information about Suite A of The Lofts at 7714 in Mint Hill, Contact JMMT Partnership (the Healy family) via managing partners Margy Pettit (email@example.com) and Mary Crotty (firstname.lastname@example.org).