Spotlight Performing Arts Academy will hold two more auditions this week for its spring musical – Bye, Bye Birdie. The original try out dates were impacted by the three day snow storm back in February, so the school wants to provide interested actors in grades six through twelve another chance to land a spot in this classic musical.
Bye, Bye Birdie Auditions at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy:
- Tuesday, March 11 at 6pm
- Thursday, March 13 at 6 pm
The auditions are first come, first serve so show up early or call 704-545-7373 to reserve a spot. For more information, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/AUDITIONS_.html.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located in downtown Mint Hill in The Lofts at 7714 (7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road).
Mint Hill Yoga continues to expand its offerings as more and more Mint Hill residents demand additional yoga class times and varieties. Starting this month, Yoga for Beginners is now available two times a week:
- 90 minute 5:30 pm Tuesday class with Mint Hill Yoga owner and instructor Bettie Shea that goes from 3/11 through 4/8 – cost is $40 for the five week series
- 60 minute 9 am Saturday class with instructor Keisha Battles – cost is $35 for 5 consecutive Saturdays
The studio is also planning two yoga workshops for April at a cost of $35 per workshop:
- Spring Renewal Restorative Workshop on Friday, April 4 from 7 – 9 pm with instructor Bettie Shea
- Yin/Yang Workshop on Saturday, April 12 from 4 – 6 pm with instructors Ashley Masters and Kacy Pleasants
And finally, Mint Hill Yoga recently announced that it is planning to host two incredible yoga retreats, one near and one far:
- Yoga in the Mountains is scheduled for October 17-19, 2014
- Yoga in France is scheduled for June 13-20, 2015 (early bird discount available through May 30, 2014)
Visit Mint Hill Yoga’s website at www.minthillyoga.com for more information about its monthly class schedule, workshops and these exciting yoga retreats.
Mint Hill Yoga is located in Suite H of The Lofts at 7714, Mint Hill’s only retrofitted mill property located in the downtown business district.
It’s not too early to begin looking at summer camps for your kids and now there’s an added incentive to be the early bird. You can save 20% off Spotlight Performing Arts Academy summer camps when you register before March 31, 2014 using the coupon code – OLAF.
As Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, Spotlight is offering a wide variety of fun and affordable summer camps for kids of all ages:
- Taste of Spotlight for ages 7-12 – June 16 through 20
- Musical Theatre Camp: Alice in Wonderland for ages 9-14 – June 23 through 27
- Sleeping Beauty for ages 4-8 – July 7 through 11
- Show Choir Camp for ages 10-16 – July 7 through 11
- Musical Theatre Camp: Fame for ages 9-14 – July 14 through 18
- Acting Workshop Camp for ages 10-14 – July 21 through 25
- Character Camp for ages 7-12 – July 28 through 31
- Musical Theatre Camp: Disney for ages 8-14 – August 4 through 8
- Broadway Bound for ages 12-17 – August 11 through 15
- Spotlight’s Got Talent for ages 10-16 – August 18 through 22
For more information on any of these exciting summer camps or to register before March 31 and save 20% on your camp tuition, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/Summer_Camps.html.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located with The Lofts at 7714, a retrofitted mill property in the heart of downtown Mint Hill.
Love chili? Want to help a good cause? Looking for a different lunch during your workday? Then drop by Spotlight Performing Arts Academy this Thursday, February 27th between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm for Mint Hill’s annual Chili Cook-Off.
For the second year in a row, Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, will host the Chili Cook-Off, a fundraising event sponsored by the Town of Mint Hill and the Arts and Science Council.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located within The Lofts at 7714 at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, will host auditions next week for its Spring Production Class, which will present the musical “Bye Bye Birdie.”
Spotlight’s production classes are theatre-based classes that offer students the opportunity to participate in a musical or play. Students interested in performing an on-stage role must audition. The auditions for “Bye Bye Birdie” are open to students in grades 6 through 12 and will be held on Tuesday, February 11th and again on Thursday, February 13th at 6 pm.
At the auditions, students will be expected to:
- Perform acapella 16 bars of a song they have prepared
- Read from a side provided by Spotlight or one memorized and prepared by the student (no longer than 1 minute)
Rehearsal/class times for “Bye Bye Birdie” will take place on Thursdays from 5 to 7 pm, Saturdays from 10 am to 12 pm, and possibly on some Tuesdays as the show times near.
There are also non-stage roles available for those interested in learning and participating in the stage crew work for this production. For more information about Spotlight Performing Arts’ Production Classes, visit www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
Show times of “Bye Bye Birdie” are scheduled for Saturday, April 26th and Sunday, April 27th at 7 pm.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located within The Lofts at 7714, a retrofitted mill building in downtown Mint Hill.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy’s show choir is starting up again. Aspiring singers should join Spotlight on Monday, January 27th from 6 to 7 pm for an assessment. Come prepared to sing and dance.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, offering individual and group classes in voice, musical instrument and theatre. The school is located at 7714 Matthews Mint Hill Road in The Lofts at 7714.
Pottery 51 hosts its monthly Second Friday Open House tonight at The Lofts at 7714, located in downtown Mint Hill at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road. Come peruse unique and beautiful clay works created by local artists and enjoy refreshments this evening (1/10/14) from 6:30 to 9 pm.
Pottery 51 is a local pottery cooperative right in Mint Hill. There are 24 artists who share their 3,400 square foot space, host gallery open houses monthly, and provide pottery classes for adults.
Why not let 2014 be the year that you actually keep one or more of your New Years resolutions? Look no further than The Lofts at 7714 and its vibrant tenant community in the heart of Mint Hill to help you achieve your personal or business goals, or both.
- Did you resolve to get physically or mentally fit this year? Then consider a martial arts class at Mint Hill Martial Arts or give yoga a try at Mint Hill Yoga.
- Did you resolve to tap into your artistic side? Then come take a look at Pottery 51′s gallery of work and check out their pottery class offerings.
- Did you resolve to take up a musical instrument or fulfill your dream of singing or acting this year? Then check out Spotlight Performing Arts Academy’s individual and group classes and workshops.
- Did you resolve to finally go the extra step and professionally record your musical renditions? Then let Scott Slagle and the crew at Asylum Digital help make your dream come true.
- Did you resolve to relocate family members or prospective employees to the Charlotte area? Let Click.Pack.Move! help you find the perfect rental situation for them, at no cost to you.
- Did you resolve to get your HR department and employee relations in order this year for your business? Then let the experts at Employment Practices Counsel help you make that a reality and avoid costly compliance issues or lost productivity.
- Did you resolve to find a new, more affordable location for your business this year? One that is closer to your home in Mint Hill, Matthews or Union County. One that is distinctive and unique. Look no further than The Lofts at 7714, which currently has a 685 square foot fully finished and move-in-ready commercial space available.
And let 2014 be a prosperous, healthy and happy New Year for all!
Come get yourself a little bit of Christmas this Friday night, December 20th at 7 pm at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy as they host their “Walking in a Winter Wonderland” variety show. For just $5 for advance tickets or $7 for tickets at the door, this is a sure fire way to get yourself in the holiday mood.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, is located within the Lofts at 7714 right on highway 51 in downtown Mint Hill.
Come join The Lofts at 7714 tenant Pottery 51 as they host their monthly Second Friday open house on December 13th from 6:30 – 9 pm. In addition to wine and cheese, visitors will have a chance to shop for a truly original holiday gift at the studio’s gallery. With a wide variety of clay works and jewelry created by local artists, you’re sure to find the perfect item for that loved one who has everything.
Pottery 51 consists of 24 potters who create, spin and bake their pottery right on site. They also offer pottery classes for adults. Call 980-219-8657 or visit www.facebook.com/pottery51 for more information.
The Lofts at 7714 is a retrofitted mill property in located downtown Mint Hill with available commercial space.