Looking for something different to do this weekend? Searching for the perfect holiday gift for a loved one? Stop by The Lofts at 7714 this weekend and discover both.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy will perform “Fame Jr” on Friday, December 5 at 7 p.m. and on Saturday, December 6 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Advance tickets are available at the academy (7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road – Suite B) for just $5. Tickets at the door at show time are $7.
Mint Hill’s Art around the Block wraps up the year this Friday with the theme “Handmade in Mint Hill.” The Lofts at 7714 tenants’ Pottery 51 (Suite C) and Art by Glenwood (Suite G) will participate with unique, locally created artwork and pottery.
Looking for something different to do this Friday evening? Come enjoy Art Around the Block, Mint Hill’s own gallery crawl. This month’s Art Around the Block features The Black and White Theatre Company of Spotlight Performing Arts Academy.
When: Friday, November 7th from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
Where: Spotlight Performing Arts Academy at The Lofts at 7714 (7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Mint Hill)
Other downtown Mint Hill businesses participating in Art Around the Block include Irene’s Café, Mint Hill Arts, Homestyles, and Picket & Plume.
Calling all Mint Hill Middle and High Schoolers: Spotlight Performing Arts Holding Auditions for Fame, Jr.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, will produce the musical Fame, Jr. as part of its fall Theatre Production Class. Interested middle and high schoolers should plan to attend one of the upcoming audition sessions. Everyone will receive a part, but audition performance will determine the role assigned.
Fame, Jr. Audition Information
- Auditions will take place on a first come first serve basis today, September 11 from 5 to 7 pm and Saturday, September 13 from 10 am to 12 pm.
- Those auditioning should be prepared to sing 16 bars of a song and do a cold reading.
- The audition application is available for download on Spotlight’s website or copies will be available at the studio on the day of auditions.
As a production class, the performers and behind the scenes workers will meet three times a week for 8 to 10 weeks, culminating in the live performances on December 5th and 6th.
For more information about this class or Spotlight Performing Arts individual or group music lessons, visit http://www.SpotlightAcademyOnline.com.
Mint Hill residents can enjoy the second month of Art Around the Block this Friday, September 5th. From 6:30 to 9:30 pm, local art enthusiasts can browse the studios of local arts groups.
In addition to Mint Hill Arts, Picket and Plume, and Irene Café, Art Around the Block includes The Lofts at 7714 tenants Pottery 51 and Spotlight Performing Arts Academy.
Pottery 51 plans to showcase pottery from several local potters and Spotlight Performing Arts will host an open Mic event.
The Lofts at 7714 is located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road. Parking is available in front of the retrofitted mill building as well as in the back lot.
For the most part, kids head back to school next Monday, so why shouldn’t you? Looking to find a new hobby or skill, meet new friends, and enrich your life? Autumn is a great time to do it and the tenants of The Lofts at 7714 have something for just about every adult this fall.
- Try a Tai Chi class or other martial arts form with Mint Hill Martial Arts, located in Suite A.
- Take a pottery class with one of the local artists of Pottery 51, located in Suite C. Or if you are planning some home redecorating this fall, visit their gallery to find the perfect accent piece.
- Learn how to truly relax and build strength in one of Mint Hill Yoga’s classes. They have something for every body from a beginners’ series to Viniyoga (breath centric yoga), Fusion, curvy yoga and senior yoga in their Suite F studio.
- Or fulfill a lifelong dream and finally take up that musical instrument you’ve always wanted to play with a private lesson at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy of Suite B. They offer 30 or 60 minute weekly private lessons for voice, guitar, piano, bass, percussion, acting, and band and orchestra instruments.
The Lofts at 7714 is Mint Hill’s only retrofitted mill property featuring ten unique commercial spaces.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy recently announced its fall class schedule of acting, singing and other performing arts classes for fall 2014.
- Spotlight Kid’s Choir (Ages 7-10): This class, which will meet weekly from September 8 through November 3, will teach students vocal techniques and give them the opportunity to perform Broadway and Disney songs. An end-of-season performance is scheduled for November 7th.
- Spotlighter’s Show Choir (Ages 10+): This singing and dancing class will meet weekly for ten weeks with an end-of-season performance on November 7th.
- The Actor’s Class (Ages 9-14): This stage and on camera acting class will meet weekly from September 9 through October 28.
- Production Class: This class takes students through an entire musical production from audition to end performance. It will meet twice weekly for between eight to ten weeks.
- My Time to Shine (Ages 4-7): This class introduces younger students to music and drama on a weekly basis.
To register for or learn more about any of these performing arts classes in Mint Hill, or to find out about Spotlight Performing Arts Academy’s individual offerings, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located within The Lofts at 7714 at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
In August, Mint Hill Yoga moves “one step closer to being a complete holistic wellness center” according to owner Bettie Shea as it welcomes Dr. Danielle Edwards, Ed.D., LPCS, NCC to its team.
Visit Mint Hill Yoga’s website for a message from Dr. Edwards explaining her practice.
Mint Hill Yoga is located in Suite E of The Lofts at 7714 in downtown Mint Hill. This retrofitted mill property at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road is home to many local businesses such as Mint Hill Yoga. Mint Hill Yoga’s 685 square foot space includes a large studio room, a private therapy room, and an office.
For more information about this Mint Hill yoga studio’s classes and workshops, visit http://www.minthillyoga.com/workshops-and-trainings/.
This Saturday, July 19th from 9 am to 1 pm, the Mint Hill Farmers’ Market will host Customer Appreciation Day at the Carl J. McEwen Historic Village, 7601 Matthews-Mint Hill Road. Local residents from Mint Hill and surrounding areas are welcome to browse for fresh fruits and vegetables while enjoying…
- Live music
- Panning for gold
- Free admission to the Mint Hill Historical Society Museum between 10 am and 12 pm
- Popcorn, hotdogs and more
The Mint Hill Farmers’ Market is a part of the Mint Hill Historical Society and is located diagonally across the street from The Lofts at 7714, Mint Hill’s only historic mill property, which has been retrofitted into ten commercial spaces for lease.
Have the summer doldrums hit your family? Are you tired of hearing your children claim “I’m bored?” Then Spotlight Performing Arts Academy in Mint Hill has the solution – unique performance art summer camps that will get your kids out of their mid-summer funk.
For just $200, you can sign up your 9 to 14 year old for next week’s “Fame Jr. Musical Theatre Camp,” and just think by Monday you will be reveling in peace and quiet between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm while he or she is at camp, and then at 6 pm you get to watch him or her perform.
After “Fame Jr.,” Spotlight has five more camps slated for the rest of the summer for kids from age 7 up to 17. At between $75 and $200 per camp, this is an affordable way to get your kids up and moving and possibly finding a whole new creative outlet this summer.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is the anchor tenant in The Lofts at 7714, the retrofitted mill building located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
For more information, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.