For the most part, kids head back to school next Monday, so why shouldn’t you? Looking to find a new hobby or skill, meet new friends, and enrich your life? Autumn is a great time to do it and the tenants of The Lofts at 7714 have something for just about every adult this fall.
- Try a Tai Chi class or other martial arts form with Mint Hill Martial Arts, located in Suite A.
- Take a pottery class with one of the local artists of Pottery 51, located in Suite C. Or if you are planning some home redecorating this fall, visit their gallery to find the perfect accent piece.
- Learn how to truly relax and build strength in one of Mint Hill Yoga’s classes. They have something for every body from a beginners’ series to Viniyoga (breath centric yoga), Fusion, curvy yoga and senior yoga in their Suite F studio.
- Or fulfill a lifelong dream and finally take up that musical instrument you’ve always wanted to play with a private lesson at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy of Suite B. They offer 30 or 60 minute weekly private lessons for voice, guitar, piano, bass, percussion, acting, and band and orchestra instruments.
The Lofts at 7714 is Mint Hill’s only retrofitted mill property featuring ten unique commercial spaces.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy recently announced its fall class schedule of acting, singing and other performing arts classes for fall 2014.
- Spotlight Kid’s Choir (Ages 7-10): This class, which will meet weekly from September 8 through November 3, will teach students vocal techniques and give them the opportunity to perform Broadway and Disney songs. An end-of-season performance is scheduled for November 7th.
- Spotlighter’s Show Choir (Ages 10+): This singing and dancing class will meet weekly for ten weeks with an end-of-season performance on November 7th.
- The Actor’s Class (Ages 9-14): This stage and on camera acting class will meet weekly from September 9 through October 28.
- Production Class: This class takes students through an entire musical production from audition to end performance. It will meet twice weekly for between eight to ten weeks.
- My Time to Shine (Ages 4-7): This class introduces younger students to music and drama on a weekly basis.
To register for or learn more about any of these performing arts classes in Mint Hill, or to find out about Spotlight Performing Arts Academy’s individual offerings, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located within The Lofts at 7714 at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
In August, Mint Hill Yoga moves “one step closer to being a complete holistic wellness center” according to owner Bettie Shea as it welcomes Dr. Danielle Edwards, Ed.D., LPCS, NCC to its team.
Visit Mint Hill Yoga’s website for a message from Dr. Edwards explaining her practice.
Mint Hill Yoga is located in Suite E of The Lofts at 7714 in downtown Mint Hill. This retrofitted mill property at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road is home to many local businesses such as Mint Hill Yoga. Mint Hill Yoga’s 685 square foot space includes a large studio room, a private therapy room, and an office.
For more information about this Mint Hill yoga studio’s classes and workshops, visit http://www.minthillyoga.com/workshops-and-trainings/.
This Saturday, July 19th from 9 am to 1 pm, the Mint Hill Farmers’ Market will host Customer Appreciation Day at the Carl J. McEwen Historic Village, 7601 Matthews-Mint Hill Road. Local residents from Mint Hill and surrounding areas are welcome to browse for fresh fruits and vegetables while enjoying…
- Live music
- Panning for gold
- Free admission to the Mint Hill Historical Society Museum between 10 am and 12 pm
- Popcorn, hotdogs and more
The Mint Hill Farmers’ Market is a part of the Mint Hill Historical Society and is located diagonally across the street from The Lofts at 7714, Mint Hill’s only historic mill property, which has been retrofitted into ten commercial spaces for lease.
Have the summer doldrums hit your family? Are you tired of hearing your children claim “I’m bored?” Then Spotlight Performing Arts Academy in Mint Hill has the solution – unique performance art summer camps that will get your kids out of their mid-summer funk.
For just $200, you can sign up your 9 to 14 year old for next week’s “Fame Jr. Musical Theatre Camp,” and just think by Monday you will be reveling in peace and quiet between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm while he or she is at camp, and then at 6 pm you get to watch him or her perform.
After “Fame Jr.,” Spotlight has five more camps slated for the rest of the summer for kids from age 7 up to 17. At between $75 and $200 per camp, this is an affordable way to get your kids up and moving and possibly finding a whole new creative outlet this summer.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is the anchor tenant in The Lofts at 7714, the retrofitted mill building located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.
For more information, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
Wishing everyone in Mint Hill and especially the tenants of The Lofts at 7714 a safe and happy Independence Day. Enjoy the cookouts, fireworks and fun!
Happy Summer from The Lofts at 7714, Mint Hill’s only surviving mill property located in the downtown business district. Since 2011, the former Kings Craft Hosiery mill building (circa 1945 to 1962) has been undergoing a retrofit. Today, eight local entrepreneurs, business people and artists call The Lofts at 7714 their commercial home.
- Enjoy a yoga class with Mint Hill Yoga.
- Peruse locally made clay works and other art at Pottery 51.
- Sign your child up for a summer camp at Spotlight Performing Arts Center.
- Buy a handmade piece of furniture from Arts by Glenwood.
- Get in shape with Mint Hill Martial Arts.
- Help yourself or a friend or family member find an apartment through Click.Pack.Move!
- Get human resources assistance for your small business through Employment Practices Counsel, Inc.
- Schedule a recording session for your band at Asylum Digital.
Stop by and visit this historic building, just across from the Mint Hill Carl J. McEwen Historic Village.
Mint Hill Yoga is now comfortably settled into its expanded space within The Lofts at 7714, the retrofitted mill building located at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill. And its extensive class schedule is evidence that the new 685 square foot space is offering more opportunity for yoga practitioners of all ages, sizes and experience levels in Mint Hill.
In June, Mint Hill Yoga’s class schedule has something planned for every day of the week:
Sundays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Slow Flow at 7 pm - start your week off in the right frame of mind.
Mondays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Gentle Fusion at 9:30 am – enjoy a class that combines asanas from the viniyoga and alignment traditions along with large doses of breathwork and meditation.
- Fusion 1/2 Series at 6 pm
- Fusion 1/2 Series at 7:30 pm
Tuesdays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Beginners’ Yoga at 5:30 pm – all are welcome.
Wednesdays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Yoga Over 50 at 9:30 am – This recently renamed class now more accurately describes the incredible energy, laughter and interest in growth of this group.
- Curvy Yoga at 6:45 pm
Thursdays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Mindful Vinyasa at 7 pm
Fridays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Friday Night Workshops at 7 pm – visit Mint Hill Yoga’s website to find out about upcoming workshops.
Saturdays at Mint Hill Yoga:
- Beginners Yoga at 9 am
- Mindful Vinyasa at 10:15 am
- Curvy Yoga at 12 pm
Mint Hill parents… Are you looking for fun and affordable camps for your children this summer? Do your children love to sing, dance or act? Then let them enjoy the “Spotlight” this summer.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier music and theater academy is hosting camps almost every week over the summer. With a variety of themes for ages 4 through 17, this is the place to be this summer for all your aspiring performers. And at just $100 to $200 per camp, you can afford to send your child to multiple camps at Spotlight for the cost of one week at many other summer camp venues.
To register for any of the following classes, click here — http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/Summer_Camps.html
June 16 through 20:
- Taste of Spotlight for ages 7-12 ($100)
June 23 through 27:
- Alice in Wonderland Musical Camp for ages 9-14 ($200)
July 7 through 11:
- Sleeping Beauty Musical Camp for ages 4-8 ($200)
- Show Choir Camp for ages 10-16 ($100)
July 14 through 18:
- Fame Musical Camp for ages 9-14 ($200)
July 21 through 25:
- Acting Workshop Camp for ages 10-14 ($200)
July 28 through August 1:
- Character Camp for ages 7-12 ($200)
August 4 through 8:
- Disney Musical Camp for ages 7-12 ($200)
August 11 through 15:
- Broadway Bound for ages 12-17 ($200)
August 18 through 22:
- Spotlight’s Got Talent for ages 10-16 ($100)
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located in Suite B of The Lofts at 7714, right in the heart of downtown Mint Hill at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road.
The Lofts at 7714 welcomes Arts by Glenwood to Suite G. Artist Glenwood Barnes will use this 250 square foot space as his art studio and display area for his paintings, handmade furniture and other works when he moves in on June 1st. Mr. Barnes is also an instructor at Mint Hill Martial Arts, which occupies Suite A of The Lofts at 7714.
JMMT Partnership, the owner of The Lofts at 7714, is excited to add yet another arts-related tenant to the building in addition to Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Pottery 51, Mint Hill Yoga and Asylum Digital.
As a member of Mint Hill Martial Arts, one of the earliest tenants when the building began its transformation into The Lofts at 7714 in 2011, Mr. Barnes has always been an exceptional steward of this historic mill property and it is fitting that he now has a space of his own within it.
Welcome to Arts by Glenwood!