Think Mint Hill is just a sleepy little suburb of Charlotte? Then come see what Mint Hill is all about this spring. Mint Hill is home to local favorites – The Hill Grill and Daphne’s Bakery; multiple arts organizations; the very active Mint Hill Athletic Association; and many beautiful neighborhoods. And with two family-friendly festivals planned in May, you have the perfect excuse to come see what is happening in this vibrant Charlotte neighbor.
- Discover Mint Hill: This civic and cultural festival will take place on Saturday, May 3 from 9 am to 3 pm at the Carl J. McEwen Historic Village in downtown Mint Hill. Come enjoy the Mint Hill Farmer’s Market, tour the Historic Village museum, play games and sample some delicious food.
- Mint Hill Madness: This annual festival of carnival rides, games, music, food and fun returns to Mint Hill over Memorial Day weekend this year. The festival opens on Friday, May 23 at 4 pm and goes through Sunday, May 25 at 5 pm, with the festival parade at 10 am on Saturday.
In the meantime, The Lofts at 7714, located in the heart of Mint Hill at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, is its own destination spot for Mint Hill residents and their neighbors in Matthews, Stallings, Indian Trail, Hemby, Monroe, Concord and even Charlotte. This historic mill property has been retrofitted into commercial lofts for local entrepreneurs, professionals and artists.
The Lofts at 7714 features such diverse and interesting destinations as Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, which offers individual and group voice, music and theatre classes, as well as summer camps and live performances; Mint Hill Yoga, which offers classes and workshops in a wide variety of yoga styles; Mint Hill Martial Arts, which offers classes in traditional Chinese Kung Fu; and Pottery 51, which offers pottery classes and exhibits the work of its member potters, which is available for purchase in the Pottery 51 gallery.
Come visit Mint Hill! Come visit The Lofts at 7714!
With the move and expansion of Mint Hill Yoga into a larger space within The Lofts at 7714, its former studio will be on the market in just eight days - April 16th. The 250 square foot space is perfect for a professional’s office, an artist’s studio or entrepreneur’s first commercial home like Mint Hill Yoga. Owner Bettie Shea started her yoga business in this space, built up her client base and after just a year and a half, Mint Hill Yoga’s growth spurred its move to the larger 685 square foot space within The Lofts at 7714.
The 250 square foot space’s features include:
- One of the building’s original wood doors serving as its entrance
- A large picture window for light and display, which comes complete with blinds when privacy is preferred
- Wood laminate flooring
- Its own air conditioning unit fully controlled by tenant
The Lofts at 7714 is a retrofitted mill property at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road. For more information about this available commercial space in downtown Mint Hill, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The building in downtown Mint Hill now known as The Lofts at 7714 has a long and storied mill and manufacturing history as an economic producer for the local economy and as a provider of jobs for local residents. Today, as a retrofitted mill property it is generating new history as the place for Mint Hill’s female entrepreneurs.
Eight of the ten unique commercial spaces within The Lofts at 7714 are now occupied, and a majority five of those eight are occupied by female owned businesses:
- Spotlight Performing Arts Academy owned by Angela Gordon Mills: This performing arts academy offers individual and group instruction for voice, musical instrument and theatre. They also offer summer camps for kids aged 4 through 17. Check it out at http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com.
- Mint Hill Yoga owned by Bettie Shea: This yoga studio offers a wide range of yoga styles for every body, from the beginner to the experienced practitioner. They also offer Friday night workshops and have recently announced two off site yoga retreats. Check it out at http://www.minthillyoga.com.
- Employment Practices Counsel, Inc. owned by Lynn Leary: Founded by attorneys specializing in employment law, this is the place where businesses go to get answers about all things related to creating, managing, and maintaining a solid employee base. Check it out at http://www.epcounsel.com.
- Click.Pack.Move! owned by Cheryl Murphy: Since 1996, this firm has been helping people move to Charlotte. They offer a free apartment locating service, apartment tours, area tours and other real estate services. Check it out at http://www.clickpackmove.com.
- JMMT Partnership: The owner and property manager of the building known as The Lofts at 7714 for over twenty years, this partnership has a majority female ownership in the three daughters of John and Margaret Healy who bought the building in 1963, for a total of over fifty years in the family.
For more information about The Lofts at 7714, contact one of the Managing Partners: Margy Pettit at 704-491-1472 or Mary Crotty at 704-968-8286.
There are just five days left to take advantage of Spotlight Performing Arts Academy’s 20% discount off of any of its summer camps. As Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, Spotlight offers individual and group voice, musical instrument and theatre classes. Over the summer, it also offers a wide range of enriching camps that allow kids from age 4 to 17 to expand their horizons, explore their talents, meet new friends and simply have fun.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy has ten different camps on its summer schedule, starting the week of June 16th and ending the week of August 22nd. Click here for a full list of Spotlight Performing Arts summer camps.
Parents interested in signing their children up for one of the camps at the 20% discount have until Monday, March 31st to sign them up in person at the studio. The academy is located in Suite B of The Lofts at 7714, Mint Hill’s only retrofitted mill property situated right on highway 51 in downtown Mint Hill.
Just over a year and a half after opening its yoga studio in The Lofts at 7714, Mint Hill Yoga is more than doubling its studio space within this retrofitted mill building in the heart of downtown Mint Hill. The popularity within the Mint Hill community for the studio and its teachers has been enormous. With its expanded studio space, Mint Hill Yoga will be able to accommodate the high demand from interested students by featuring larger class sizes. In addition, with more space, Mint Hill Yoga will be able to expand its offerings for seniors and others with special needs, a key mission of the studio.
Mint Hill Yoga provides a variety of yoga classes for beginners to experienced practitioners, as well as monthly workshops. For more information about the studio, its yoga class schedule and more, visit www.minthillyoga.com.
The Lofts at 7714 is the home of seven local entrepreneurs, professionals and artists. For more information about this commercial space in Mint Hill, visit www.theloftsat7714.com.
The Lofts at 7714 currently has a fully finished 685 square foot space available. This interior, three room space, which features a large front room, two smaller rooms, large picture windows and custom built book shelves, is perfect for a smaller office, studio or school. Located in the heart of downtown Mint Hill in the historic Kings Craft mill building at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, The Lofts at 7741 is the home to a thriving community of local entrepreneurs, professionals and artists.
For more information about the space or to schedule a tour, email JMMT Partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy will hold two more auditions this week for its spring musical – Bye, Bye Birdie. The original try out dates were impacted by the three day snow storm back in February, so the school wants to provide interested actors in grades six through twelve another chance to land a spot in this classic musical.
Bye, Bye Birdie Auditions at Spotlight Performing Arts Academy:
- Tuesday, March 11 at 6pm
- Thursday, March 13 at 6 pm
The auditions are first come, first serve so show up early or call 704-545-7373 to reserve a spot. For more information, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/AUDITIONS_.html.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located in downtown Mint Hill in The Lofts at 7714 (7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road).
Mint Hill Yoga continues to expand its offerings as more and more Mint Hill residents demand additional yoga class times and varieties. Starting this month, Yoga for Beginners is now available two times a week:
- 90 minute 5:30 pm Tuesday class with Mint Hill Yoga owner and instructor Bettie Shea that goes from 3/11 through 4/8 – cost is $40 for the five week series
- 60 minute 9 am Saturday class with instructor Keisha Battles – cost is $35 for 5 consecutive Saturdays
The studio is also planning two yoga workshops for April at a cost of $35 per workshop:
- Spring Renewal Restorative Workshop on Friday, April 4 from 7 – 9 pm with instructor Bettie Shea
- Yin/Yang Workshop on Saturday, April 12 from 4 – 6 pm with instructors Ashley Masters and Kacy Pleasants
And finally, Mint Hill Yoga recently announced that it is planning to host two incredible yoga retreats, one near and one far:
- Yoga in the Mountains is scheduled for October 17-19, 2014
- Yoga in France is scheduled for June 13-20, 2015 (early bird discount available through May 30, 2014)
Visit Mint Hill Yoga’s website at www.minthillyoga.com for more information about its monthly class schedule, workshops and these exciting yoga retreats.
Mint Hill Yoga is located in Suite H of The Lofts at 7714, Mint Hill’s only retrofitted mill property located in the downtown business district.
It’s not too early to begin looking at summer camps for your kids and now there’s an added incentive to be the early bird. You can save 20% off Spotlight Performing Arts Academy summer camps when you register before March 31, 2014 using the coupon code – OLAF.
As Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, Spotlight is offering a wide variety of fun and affordable summer camps for kids of all ages:
- Taste of Spotlight for ages 7-12 – June 16 through 20
- Musical Theatre Camp: Alice in Wonderland for ages 9-14 – June 23 through 27
- Sleeping Beauty for ages 4-8 – July 7 through 11
- Show Choir Camp for ages 10-16 – July 7 through 11
- Musical Theatre Camp: Fame for ages 9-14 – July 14 through 18
- Acting Workshop Camp for ages 10-14 – July 21 through 25
- Character Camp for ages 7-12 – July 28 through 31
- Musical Theatre Camp: Disney for ages 8-14 – August 4 through 8
- Broadway Bound for ages 12-17 – August 11 through 15
- Spotlight’s Got Talent for ages 10-16 – August 18 through 22
For more information on any of these exciting summer camps or to register before March 31 and save 20% on your camp tuition, visit http://www.spotlightacademyonline.com/Summer_Camps.html.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located with The Lofts at 7714, a retrofitted mill property in the heart of downtown Mint Hill.
Love chili? Want to help a good cause? Looking for a different lunch during your workday? Then drop by Spotlight Performing Arts Academy this Thursday, February 27th between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm for Mint Hill’s annual Chili Cook-Off.
For the second year in a row, Spotlight Performing Arts Academy, Mint Hill’s premier performing arts school, will host the Chili Cook-Off, a fundraising event sponsored by the Town of Mint Hill and the Arts and Science Council.
Spotlight Performing Arts Academy is located within The Lofts at 7714 at 7714 Matthews-Mint Hill Road in downtown Mint Hill.